Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit scores here vs Lender Pull

tag
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

Credit scores here vs Lender Pull

Do any one have any idea what versions of FICO socres lenders pull? Does it match with the Equifax score we get here? I know the TU score here is 98 version. Do the lenders pull TU08? Does EX score they pull matches the score we get here?

Shell FCU : 5K
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
coldmornings

Re: Credit scores here vs Lender Pull

If you look back a couple of posts from me, I have a post where mine are listed. They were way lower from my lender than they were here.

I copied and pasted for you:

I was able to talk my latest broker into taking a re-look. Dude has been great.

New Lender pull (on a Saturday night at 8:00pm!!!) EQ 619 / TU 648 / EX 578

Same day pull from myFICO (same as above, just showing for comparison) EQ 669 / TU 660 / EX 651

EQ 50 point difference lower

TU 12 point difference higher

EX 73 point difference lower

One stinking point away.

Message 2 of 12
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

Actually I just asked me lender the scores he gave me are higher than here. EX : 666, EQ: 660, TU: 681. Equifax score here matches exactly the one he pulled.

Shell FCU : 5K
Message 3 of 12
TimeToRecover
Established Contributor

Mine did not match they were a bit off 8 points...  If you look in my signature I identify which version was pulled for each CRA.

Starting Score: 570 ish
Current Score:EX (701) EQ (711) TU (705)
Goal Score: 750
In My Wallet: GE Care Credit (8K) BestBuy (6K) BofA Cash Rewards Signature Visa (7K) Cap One Quicksilver (10.5K) Chase Freedom (4K) Lowes (6K) VS Angel Card (2.4K), Macys (4K)
Message 4 of 12
coldmornings

TimeToRecover, what were your pulls from here?

I have spent hours this week on the phone with all three bureaus, as well as with the data provider for my mortgage agent trying to figure out the difference. It isn't just there, either. Equifax in particular says they don't even know where CredCo is getting their data because my mortgage provider is stating that I have disputes on my current bureau but Equifax says there are none. Very frustrating.

Message 5 of 12
TimeToRecover
Established Contributor

My Fico pull was EQ 678.  I only pulled EQ because TU and EX neither were the right type.  MyFico only recently changed their EQ thus why many people are finding it doesn't match lender anymore.

Starting Score: 570 ish
Current Score:EX (701) EQ (711) TU (705)
Goal Score: 750
In My Wallet: GE Care Credit (8K) BestBuy (6K) BofA Cash Rewards Signature Visa (7K) Cap One Quicksilver (10.5K) Chase Freedom (4K) Lowes (6K) VS Angel Card (2.4K), Macys (4K)
Message 6 of 12
bigjim1
Established Member

my fico gave me scores of exp651, eq698, when lender pulled not even close!  Way lower, exp593, eq550

Message 7 of 12
epaul78
New Visitor

I've read many times that the EQ score here is the same as what the lenders pull (Beacon 5.0).  I pulled my EQ here and it was 692.  Same day lender pull it was 629.  I would say that the formula here on MYFICO is not the Beacon 5.0.  My MYFICO EX and TU scores were much closer.

Message 8 of 12
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

There is much already posted in this forum abut this topic. A simple search will yield a whole lot of information. The topic is one of the most frequently-posted ones.

Message 9 of 12
coldmornings

While it has been the case in the past that the EQ scores were similar, it definately isn't the case now. I think that some topics should be periodically re-discussed? In particular, this is a mortgage specific question because while they all pull the same scores as each other (right?), what that score relative to here is an important subject.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.