Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit worthiness for mortgage loan?

tag
NewtonTBass
Established Member

Credit worthiness for mortgage loan?

Hi All,

just checking out this medium. Am looking for some advice on how to improve my "credit worthiness" for a mortgage loan.

NewtonTBass

Happiness is having a bad memory
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
p-
Valued Contributor

Re: Friendly, Supportive, and Respectful -- 2/6/14

NewtonTBass wrote:...Am looking for some advice on how to improve my "credit worthiness" for a mortgage loan....

N- you replied to a thread; if you have a specific question it's better to start your own thread.  But before you do that, I suggest you get your own reports for free at http://www.annualcreditreport.com and see what derogatory items you have on your reports.

There are lots of complex variables involved in your score, but the basic principles are simple.  Pay on time, all of the time.  Don't borrow money on credit cards without paying it right back.  Show a long history of responsible credit use.  Anything on your report that confirms this is good.  Anything that is not this, is bad.

If you have high card balances, pay them down.  If you have bad accounts, collections, or late payments, fix them.  If you don't have a history of good credit use, start some.

The rest are just pesky details best addressed one by one.

Welcome, and good luck.

Also, to the friendly Mods... compared to the rest of the internet, this place is pretty tame...  heh heh.

Message 2 of 3
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Friendly, Supportive, and Respectful -- 2/6/14

Hello Newton and welcome to the forums!

What I would suggest is looking through this thread:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Mortgage-Loans/Do-I-qualify-for-a-mortgage-Info-that-is-needed/m-p/3...

And posting the information requested such that the mortgage experts have a better idea of your resources for mortgage qualification.

        
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.