cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Critique my current mortgage situation. Chances?

tag
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

Re: Critique my current mortgage situation. Chances?

That showed as per month payment. It would just be an estimate as I didn't put my social or anything in (didn't want a HP on credit). It was also through an insurer I've never used. I'm with allstate for all my insurance but they didn't offer a quote online. I'm assuming they would be cheaper for me as I have several vehicles covered with them as well.
Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 11 of 17
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

That quote was through "Farmers"
Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 12 of 17
Glenn_S
Contributor

Steer clear of Farmers. After 15 years, they jacked my rates up more than double, with no Renters, boat or vehicle claims. I went back to Allstate and saved over 1200 annually on my lines of business. Since we are in the process of buying, I spoke with my Allstate agent and she quoted me $763 on a $170k home, without doing a credit pull. She stated it should be within about 10% of actual rate (we are in Minnesota). $367 a month is crazy, unless you are in an area known for hurricanes and flooding.

Starting Score: 617 on 1/2009
March 2015 Scores (Lender Pulled-Mortgage): TU: 733, EQ: 719 EX: 789
MyFico Score August 2023: 845;

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 17
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

LOL I'm in Iowa so no hurricanes and flooding is possible due to the Des Moines River runs right through town but it's isolated flooding and doesn't happen often. Also contained to one rural area away from where I'd be buying.
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

"LOL I'm in Iowa so no hurricanes and flooding is possible"

Yeah but what about tornados?

Message 15 of 17
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

We had an EF1 this year, previous tornado was in 1999. We're not a very high disaster area. My wife tells me that is why she doesn't want to leave this area :-p
Message 16 of 17
wagsk1
Regular Contributor

I live right on the Jersey shore and I don`t pay that much for 2 homes. Something does not sound right.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.