Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curious to know what you're looking for in a home

tag
Cloudlb
Regular Contributor

Re: Curious to know what you're looking for in a home

Been driving around neighborhoods -- some aren't too bad, but I resist the idea of a conformist subdivision where you can't hang your laundry to dry or paint your house the color you want. 

Also it frustrates me that builders invariably disregard potential views in favor of strict orientation to the street, no matter how the lot is oriented. 

Message 21 of 26
BBallRain
Established Member

Have done some preliminary looking in my area and the selection is pretty limited in my price range.  The market is pretty slow so I can imagine there being quite a bit of wiggle room on properties that may be higher proceed at the moment.  I am looking for something that is 2bd+/2b  hopefully with an extra space that would act as an office type area.  I am not that particular to a certain style or age (kind of a I know it when I see it type thing)   Are some nice properties out there but nothing hat I would see myself flipping over. 

Starting Scores (Lender Pull 7/12)
EX 500 TU 577 EQ 595

Current Scores
EX 678 (LP 9/13) TU 679 (LP 9/13) EQ 664 (myFico 10/13)

Message 22 of 26
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

I think it helped us to have a wish list in mind and to assign priority to each of the items.

Also, we made sure that each of the houses we looked at had given us a few items that were high on out wish list.

There was a really gorgeous house in a neighborhood close to ours, but I just couldn't make myself offer on it because it was about 20k more than I really wanted to pay.

it ended up selling for 219k and I bought my house for 163k :/ Price and affordability was really high on my wish list.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 23 of 26
Cloudlb
Regular Contributor

anybody looking for a duplex for owner-occupied income?

Message 24 of 26
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@cloudb

My current renters at my duplex are going to be buying a duplex when they get ready to buy. I explained to them how the duplex was a great choice for me back in 2008 and how that passive income is very nice. They own a home in the Dallas area but they are in tulsa now permanently. Due to the housing market they converted their home to a rental and have been renting it out for 2 years now. He is in law school so they wont be ready to buy until that is all over with. She is an HR exec with a large financial institution based out of Oklahoma.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 25 of 26
Cloudlb
Regular Contributor

yes, that's why I'm trying to focus on either a house with an ADU or a duplex. 

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.