Regular Contributor
vabound

Curious....

My husband finally received the mortgage commitment letter but he had to pay all collections including the one not even reporting on his cr. This totals $11k.  Our LO is increasing our loan amount to cover these pay offs.  I am just curious how he is able to do this.  We were initially approved forb$135k our downpayment is $40k and our emd was $2k.  Purchase price is $178k and the home appraised for $180k.  The sellers are paying 6% towards our closing costs. Is the increase possible due to the amount of the appraisal? 

Starting Scores:TU/513 EQ/484 EXP/513 3/2012 (lender pull)
Current Scores:TU/681 EQ/637 EXP/613 11/2012 (lender pull)
Goal:700 across the board
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
StartingOver10

Re: Curious....

He is probably able to bump up the loan amount due to compensating factors: mainly the size of your down payment. I'm sure others that are more knowledgeable than I can comment more specifically.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}