cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Currently in Bankruptcy, Mtg being sold from lender to lender, Lender threatening court action

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Currently in Bankruptcy, Mtg being sold from lender to lender, Lender threatening court action

My husband filed for bankruptcy a little over a year ago to save our home from foreclosure.  Since then his mortgage has been sold three times from Countrywide to (I can't remeber the name) to Kondaur to Wells Fargo. The home values in the neighborhood are under $100K now.  He still owes around $160K.  The bankrupcy lawyer has received court papers from Wells Fargo.  Wells Fargo is asking for a lump sum of $60K, do a short sale, or stop paying on the house and foreclose in 3 months.  Can we save our house and if so, how?  What can we do?

Help!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
krielly
Established Contributor

Re: Currently in Bankruptcy, Mtg being sold from lender to lender, Lender threatening court action

You say the bankruptcy is still open, right? Is your husband behind on payments? As long as he is current on his payments, they have no right that I know of to do this. Your bankruptcy relief from stay prohibits them from trying to collect anything from him.

I guess we need a bit more info. Incidentally, what does the lawyer say? This is his area, really.....

You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing!
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.