Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DO I HAVE A CHANCE

tag
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: DO I HAVE A CHANCE

down payment cannot be borrowed. unless you borrow against an asset you own(borrow against the title of a previously paid off car).

you can get a gift from family though.

Retired Lender
Message 11 of 20
rhowar2199
Established Member

Ok im definitely going to look into the program assistance for more infornation, i do appreciate it..

Starting Score: 640
Current Score: 648
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 20
rhowar2199
Established Member

Well another question I have is can I at least get pre-approved for a loan even without the down payment money just too see how much I can get and how much money I would need down?

Message 13 of 20
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

@rhowar2199 wrote:

Well another question I have is can I at least get pre-approved for a loan even without the down payment money just too see how much I can get and how much money I would need down?

yep. done all of the time.

pre-approval is 'subject to' saving the down payment funds

Retired Lender
Message 14 of 20
rhowar2199
Established Member

So im other words i dont need the down payment money up front to just get preapprove for a loan? I was told that I needed that money before I even apply for a loan

Message 15 of 20
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

@rhowar2199 wrote:

So im other words i dont need the down payment money up front to just get preapprove for a loan? I was told that I needed that money before I even apply for a loan

nope. you do not need it.

the pre-approval will carry conditions. Like the property appraises and no material changes in financial status from time of pre-approval to closing.

we can add any condition we want.

your condition would be to secure acceptable funds for down payment.

i actually encourage people to apply early, even if they aren't ready. So the loan officer can make sure they don't have any other hurdles.

Retired Lender
Message 16 of 20
rhowar2199
Established Member

Please explain to me what I need to do to get pre-approve.. Also the steps I needs to take once im approved

Message 17 of 20
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

When you dont have the money in savings already they will question where the funds come from when you present them. You need to be able to account for where it came from with bank statements, gift letters, as a few examples.

If you want to apply pick a LO or Broker and submit the application. Most companies have an application on line. They will pre approve if qualified and give you everything you need to start the home shopping process. How much pre approved for and a GFE for all fees.
Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 18 of 20
rhowar2199
Established Member

So it is possible to at least find out what I am approve for without my down payment money first?

Message 19 of 20
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

@rhowar2199 wrote:

So it is possible to at least find out what I am approve for without my down payment money first?

correct

Retired Lender
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.