Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DR Horton / DHI Mortgage Process/ Homebuyers Club

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DR Horton / DHI Mortgage Process/ Homebuyers Club

Hello Everyone, 

I've done a little bit of research on the forums about DR Horton and have found that some people either love them or hate them. We have chosen to build with DR Horton and have enrolled in their homebuyers club. We have been told to pay off the balance on  our credit cards (a little less than $2000) and we should be fine. I need an increase of  just a few points, but my husband needs a larger point increase. Our timeline is 4 months. 

Has anyone had a recent experience with them from start to finish? If so, how was the process? I appreciate any info that you may have. 

Thanks!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: DR Horton / DHI Mortgage Process/ Homebuyers Club

pm ezdriver here on this board. He can tell you about DR Horton.

Others will reply too, I'm sure.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

,Re: DR Horton / DHI Mortgage Process/ Homebuyers Club

Hey,

Any updates?

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey any updates?

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Everything went very smoothly. We closed on our home at the beginning of 2016. 

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just went under contract on one of thier quick move-in homes yesterday I was the same way I read horrible reviews and some good reviews..decided to take the leap and so  far so good but I'm still in the begining stages 

Message 6 of 9
NYKnicks65
New Contributor

Hello, I am going to throught the Homebuyers Club program with DR Horton also. I started March 7th, 2016. They gave me my game plan to work. Very simple items to correct such as remove paid off collections and getting my credit card utilization down. My score has improved already from the mid 500's to over 620. My only issue is that I have to wait until 07/08/16 or close to this day to obtain my pre-approval due to a Chapter 7 "seasoning period".  Like you stated before, either you like them or love them. Each builder is different and they all have issues. Good luck on your home buying experience and I wish you the best of luck.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well alright! Happry for you! May God bless your home!

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all! I am in the same boat right now with DR Horton. I'm pretty sure my wife and I will be enrolled into the Homebuyers Club to raise our credit scores. While in the program, is the house/floorplan and lot still guaranteed for you? The salesman said I had to put $1000 down to secure my house and for them to start building, but does that still apply for the Homebuyers Club? TIA!

@NYKnicks65 wrote:

Hello, I am going to throught the Homebuyers Club program with DR Horton also. I started March 7th, 2016. They gave me my game plan to work. Very simple items to correct such as remove paid off collections and getting my credit card utilization down. My score has improved already from the mid 500's to over 620. My only issue is that I have to wait until 07/08/16 or close to this day to obtain my pre-approval due to a Chapter 7 "seasoning period".  Like you stated before, either you like them or love them. Each builder is different and they all have issues. Good luck on your home buying experience and I wish you the best of luck.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.