Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DTI Ratio

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DTI Ratio

How can I calculate my DTI ratio? Is there a formula like taking all the debt that is on my credit report and dividing it or something? If there is a formula do I need to include my student loans? They will not be out of military deferment until about 2 months after the date I plan on buy a house so will they be calculated in a VA decision?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
soxcited
New Contributor

Re: DTI Ratio

Front (housing) DTI ratio is the monthly housing payment divided by your gross (before tax income) monthly income. I think you have to use full PITI (principal, interest, taxes and insurance) to calculate your full housing payment, if you are renting, just the rent. The back (total) DTI ratio is the monthly housing payment and other minimum payments listed on your credit report (such as credit cards, student loans, car loans, alimony/child support etc) divided by your monthly gross income. Health, car and life insurances are not factored in.

Starting Score: 540
Current Score: 706
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.