Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DTI/ front end & back end calculations

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DTI/ front end & back end calculations

Hi there...

Can someone be so kind as to tell me if I am calculating our  DTI correctly : )

Monthly Gross Income:  $9397.00

Current Mortgage (includes taxes, insurance & PMI) : $898.00

Current Debts:

Credit Cards -  $0.00 balances with close to $75000.00 in available credit (2 paid off ($2000 balance) in the last few months)

Student Loans - $370.00 (two loans)

Car loans - $860.00 (two loans with 2.5 - 3 years left on each)

Front end DTI:  9.6%  (using $898.00 mortgage/$9397.00 monthly gross)

Back end DTI:  23% (using $2150 for mortgage, cars, student loans)

on another note...how well would we fair getting approved for a loan:

Latest credit scores (from house refi)

Experian:  738 & 765

Transunion:  780 & 744

Equifax:  775 & 753

Have about $10000.00 in "home fund".  We expect to make nothing from the sell of our current home.  Will not take loans from 401k accounts.  We would stay under $300,000.00 purchase price, but the negative in me tells me that we would never even be approved for that much...even though online home affordability calculators say otherwise.  We would probably purchase a home in Cook County, Illinois (Chicago suburbs). 

Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: DTI/ front end & back end calculations

You look in great shape, the only thing you are missing is a down payment ($10k won't be enough for a $300k purchase).

If you go with a conventional loan your back end will be maxed out at 45% which is about $4228/mth less $860 + $370  for your debt puts you at a max of $2998 for your new housing payment. More than what you need for a mortgage to finance a $300k purchase (unless your taxes are huge).

Looks like you just need to figure out where to get savings for your down payment and closing costs on the new purchase.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.