Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DTI question

tag
smiths38
Regular Contributor

DTI question

I have a car loan with a $3,000.00 balance and I pay $471,00 monthly and my gross monthly is $2,650.00.I want to apply for an FHA loan.My DTI ratio is 21%.Since my balance on the car loan is low,will FHA require that the loan be included in my DTI ratio?

Starting Score: 553(EQ) 572 (TU) 586(EX) (EQ Complete Advantage)
Current Score: 572
Goal Score: 640

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
playboy
Regular Contributor

Re: DTI question

@smiths38 wrote:

I have a car loan with a $3,000.00 balance and I pay $471,00 monthly and my gross monthly is $2,650.00.I want to apply for an FHA loan.My DTI ratio is 21%.Since my balance on the car loan is low,will FHA require that the loan be included in my DTI ratio?

I believe that if the account is within 6 months of being paid in full, lenders will not include it in your dti.

Starting Score: EX 575/TU 534/EQ 570
Current Scores per Myfico: (As of 12-14-13) EX 690/EQ 685/TU 679
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 3
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: DTI question

it will be included. because it is a significant payment (over $100 seems to be the accepted definition of significant).

if you have the balance in savings.... and qualify for the loan without those assets..... i have seen lenders ignore the payment.

ex.

i have $10000 in savings. i need none of it for closing. the loan officer puts down $7000 for savings and $0 payment for auto.

i havent done this in a long time.... so i don't know what an underwriter would say today....

Retired Lender
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.