cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DTI ratio for mortgage application question

tag
nautiquelfe

DTI ratio for mortgage application question

Hi guys, first post.  I am planning to app for a mortgage next year, after I save for the down payment.  In the mean time I'd like to get all my ducks in a row while I save.  Does the lender's DTI ratio for a mortgage  consider CC's that have 0 balance in the equation as possible future debt?  I am thinking of getting another card or two.  I currently have 4 active CC's and NEVER carry a balance, 2 are low limit and 2 are store cards that have limited usefulness.  I would like to upgrade to a prime card that has some benefits.   I am looking at houses very near the max figure my income will allow.   Should I worry that the lender will factor in future minimum payments on all of the cards that would be active at the time I apply? 

Cap1 - 0/300(secured)
Discover IT - 0/750
J.Crew -0/500
Walmart - 0/700
Lender Pulled TU-679(5/6/2013)
TU08 FICO-710(4/2013)
CS Exp FICO-693(5/2013)
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
foofighter74
Established Contributor

Re: DTI ratio for mortgage application question

IF there's a minimum payment listed on your credit report, even if a balance is zero, they will include it.  With my zero balance cards, there's no minimum payment listed so they had nothing to include.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.