cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DU Approved but still nervous

tag
FlaStorm

DU Approved but still nervous

Hello all. So I have been approved by the Fannie Mae DU underwriter but still have this one nervous thought. I am self-employed and $63,000 of my $78,000 income is in the form of a 1099-MISC. The rest is in undocumented cash. I paid taxes on the $78,000 but am worried that once the underwriter sees that not all of the total income comes from the 1099 that there will be questions.

Should I be worried? Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
kc0039
Established Contributor

Re: DU Approved but still nervous

@FlaStorm wrote:

Hello all. So I have been approved by the Fannie Mae DU underwriter but still have this one nervous thought. I am self-employed and $63,000 of my $78,000 income is in the form of a 1099-MISC. Do you have two years history of this? Is it schedule C? We do a 2 year average on this.You should be fine

The rest is in undocumented cash. I paid taxes on the $78,000 but am worried that once the underwriter sees that not all of the total income comes from the 1099 that there will be questions. There should be history that the undocumented cash was put in because of business. It would show on your bank statements because you probably will have to create a letter of explanation for large deposits

Should I be worried? Thanks!

Licensed in IL
Message 2 of 3
H-B
Regular Contributor

Re: DU Approved but still nervous

You can ask your lender to underwrite file on TBD, that will give you assurance to close on time. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.