cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dallas/Shane...will we ever be able to get another mortgage?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dallas/Shane...will we ever be able to get another mortgage?

Okay, here is our situation. My husband had a hard layoff two years in a row, (winter months only & 2 years ago) and it really put us in financia ruins for a while. We have a mortgage, two car loans(paid off with in next few months) cc for 3000(closed by bank) and huge hfc loan for 11000(closed by them). I just mailed off $7000 to HFC to bring my balance to 4000. We have been current on our vehicle loans for the last year and only current on the mortgage for since May.(this was the hardest thing for me to get back on track on) We no longer run the risk of him being laid off as his position with the company is now high seniority and faces no lay offs. Anyway, i had almost 2 solid years late on the mortgage.(a few 60 and 90 days late as well). (oh, no lates previous 3 years)  I attempted to work with my mortgage lender for help but was always told my husbands income was too high for their help. So, i worked very very hard to get back on track from being stuck a month behind for so long. Well, it's finally here and things are great financially except our credit is in the tank now. He is 586 ex and me 585 ex. and all those lates on the mortgage.  WHEW, so long winded I'm so sorry about that! My question is how long before you think it's possible that we will qualify for another mortgage as we so badly want to move out of this house. Thanks so much in advance for any comments!!

Nichole
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Dallas/Shane...will we ever be able to get another mortgage?

I would guess that once the cars are paid off and you have a ful year of clean credit you would be in the ballpark for FHA.  I would try to get the other loan paid off in that time period as well.  Maybe try to open up a couple positive credit lines (1 or 2 ) and keep the balances as low as possible... Under 5% utliization.  I woudl think that if you stay current, get the other debt paid off, and have a year of solid history with a couple new credit lines, you would be well over the 600 mark and hopefully over 620.

I am sure Dallas or Shane will give you a better answer
Message 2 of 3
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Dallas/Shane...will we ever be able to get another mortgage?

12 months clean history..... that is all fha asks for creditwise.....

Retired Lender
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.