Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debt Collection February 2012

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Debt Collection February 2012

Ok, so I have Consumer disputes this account information Medical on my Equifax account even though I disputed both EQ and EX.  It is a charge from February 2012.  There was never a claim that was filed to my insurance company and no one in my family ever saw this physician so I have no idea how to prove that.  The charge is for $25.00 and Oklahoma has a 2 year limit on small debt collections.  Do I ask for the dispute to be removed?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

Re: Debt Collection February 2012

Are you able to contact the doctor to clear this up? It should be easy to prove that you never went to see the dr. Is this $25 fee a charge for not making your appointment as schedule....if it is, maybe the dr will just have the collection removed if you pay it.

If you remove the dispute, the collection will more than likely impact your credit score negatively.
AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

He is a radiologist so no appointment was ever made to see him because he strictly reads x-rays or that is what I am assuming since he is classified as an MD .  The $25.00 sounds like it should be a copay and my insurance does not have a copay.  It is strictly a PPO plan with deductible and co-insurance.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

He is a radiologist so no appointment was ever made to see him because he strictly reads x-rays or that is what I am assuming since he is classified as an MD .  The $25.00 sounds like it should be a copay and my insurance does not have a copay.  It is strictly a PPO plan with deductible and co-insurance.

There is usually a seperate charge for radiology when having an xray read. You'll get the bill from your Dr, then a seperate bill from radiology for the read - only. It's usually a small amount, ours here for example is $34. However, that should have been billed to your insurance and from working in claims for years, I can tell you that it's commonly mistakenly billed to the patient as self pay. You need to contact the office immediately to find out how it was billed, then clear it up.  Chances are, they'll remove the collection if it was billed improperly. 

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

If that fails, just pay it and ask for it to be removed.  It's $25....don't let $25 hold up a house!

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

So if I pay it off, will it affect my credit score?

Message 6 of 11
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

Try to do a pay for delete.
AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had one for 75 dollars from 3 years ago.  I didn't ever know I was billed for it.  I paid it and it didn't affect my score either way.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

CSC will not do a pay for delete, they are very rude, and apparently have no supervisors...  All I can say is that they must really hate their jobs!

Message 9 of 11
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

Try going through the dr office. They may be able to help.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.