Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

December closings?

tag
Scope27
Regular Contributor

Re: December closings?

Got my inspection today and there were some issues.  Most of which were easily fixable by some hand tools.  It appears the original purchaser didnt have an inspection done before purchasing the house as it was all obvious.  A few issues with the HVAC system but the inspector told me they are relatively easy fixes compared to things he has seen neglected in the past.  The insulation over the master bedroom and bath is around 3-5" deep and he recommends having some blown in as the rest of the house held warm air other than that one portion.  Roof and foundation were good but needed to be tended to as the roof has some nails that need to be fully hammered down and sealed (I can do that easily) and one part of the foundation has a termite crack near a PVC pipe leak (which he recommends to be replaced and resealed the correct way).  He then took me around looking for other termite issues and nothing else.  But I'm having a termite inspection also just to be sure.  He said it's all minor things but would like for the HVAC and insulation replaced first.  Every other issue found was stuff that can be fixed by a DIYer like myself and shouldnt cause any issues if the USDA requests a second inspection.  Everything else he checked were graded good and stated that the house wouldnt need any serious repairs (due to natural failure) for another 10 years easy.  Now it's time to see what the seller will dish out to replace.  But I told my agent what I want them to replace before we go any further.  But I was very satisfied with the inspection and no major/costly issues were found.

Message 61 of 325
Anonymous
Not applicable

@YHWHUDAH wrote:

Thanks Bonner72,

Yes, you are right about home values coming in lower or at purchase price.  I was just kind of upset that the builder tried to sell it for 242,820, luckly I got it for 229000.  I think I will celebrateSmiley Very Happy. I am very exicted since everything is going as plan!

What good news!!! One more hurdle out of the way.  You definitely should celebrate! 

Message 62 of 325
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Scope27 wrote:

Got my inspection today and there were some issues.  Most of which were easily fixable by some hand tools.  It appears the original purchaser didnt have an inspection done before purchasing the house as it was all obvious.  A few issues with the HVAC system but the inspector told me they are relatively easy fixes compared to things he has seen neglected in the past.  The insulation over the master bedroom and bath is around 3-5" deep and he recommends having some blown in as the rest of the house held warm air other than that one portion.  Roof and foundation were good but needed to be tended to as the roof has some nails that need to be fully hammered down and sealed (I can do that easily) and one part of the foundation has a termite crack near a PVC pipe leak (which he recommends to be replaced and resealed the correct way).  He then took me around looking for other termite issues and nothing else.  But I'm having a termite inspection also just to be sure.  He said it's all minor things but would like for the HVAC and insulation replaced first.  Every other issue found was stuff that can be fixed by a DIYer like myself and shouldnt cause any issues if the USDA requests a second inspection.  Everything else he checked were graded good and stated that the house wouldnt need any serious repairs (due to natural failure) for another 10 years easy.  Now it's time to see what the seller will dish out to replace.  But I told my agent what I want them to replace before we go any further.  But I was very satisfied with the inspection and no major/costly issues were found.

That's great Scope.  I think it's a good idea to do the termite inspection as well.  We had it done the same day as the inspection and our inspector recommended the company and hung around after completing his inspection to see the results of the termite guy's inspection.  We were all clear, but I guess the termite inspector saw that the neighbor's garage has active termites so he recommended that we get a preventative treatment once we move in (he will do it for $300 and it's good for 5 years).  Glad all your repairs are minor in nature.  I'm sure that's a huge relief.

Message 63 of 325
JennyMominRI
Valued Member

My realtor seems to have hope that they will come down on the price. We won't know until the actual numbers come in this week. I get to be on ins and needles for days.

Bought our plane tickets to FL today. We leave  in 15 days

Message 64 of 325
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JennyMominRI wrote:

My realtor seems to have hope that they will come down on the price. We won't know until the actual numbers come in this week. I get to be on ins and needles for days.

Bought our plane tickets to FL today. We leave  in 15 days

Unfortunately all you can do wait at this point.  It is really not a good feeling, but try to stay positive.  All of this will be over soon.

Message 65 of 325
kariered
Established Member

I am supposed to close on (first time home buyer) December 6th. I have a contract on a Freddie Mac foreclosure as of 10/6 for $93000 (appraised at $130K). It is a 3 bedroom 2400 square feet in a great neighborhood. I LOVE the house!! I also have a great realtor who has been a real advocate for me as well. Let's just say that dealing with Freddie has been the easiest part of the experience. They were fast at getting back to us in the negotiations, then executing the contract at the beginning of the process. They also fixed up the house before putting it on the market. The house is pretty clean and in really good shape for a foreclosure. Freddie put in all new carpet, new appliances (stove, oven, dishwasher, microwave, faucets and toilets throughout), a new roof and a new air conditioning system. The inspection went really well as it did not reveal anything we already didn't know. There are some rotten fascia boards in a couple places on the outside. The termite report showed no current or past termite infestations. Due to those conditions being optimal for termites, the bank had the house treated as a preventive measure. Now we are just waiting on the lender. We have been waiting and waiting. I was approved a month ago for an FHA mortgage at 4.25%. After approval, my loan officer kept saying "We should close next week." He has been saying this for 4 weeks now. It is starting to get very old. Each week he comes back from underwriting with another condition. The first time he wanted like 3 different statements from my dad's bank account (my dad gave me a gift for the down payment). Then he wanted a new bank statement from me. Then last week my loan officer extended my rate lock (at his expense) because by that time it had expired. Then they found something wrong with the termite report. They didn't like the "conditions optimal for termites" and failed to ignore the part where they had treated the house as a preventive measure. So my loan officer had to get another termite inspection (the bank already had 2 done and I had one done along with the home inspection). At this point I started getting very upset as it seemed like they were just trying to find a way to not give me a mortgage. It just seemed like they were nitpicking everything. I think my loan officer then had to get another rate lock extension (the lender supposedly paid this one too). Because I have a demanding job and can only take phone calls at certain times of the day, my realtor along with her broker then took it into their hands when it came to dealing with the lender. It turns out my loan officer has not been up front about all the issues, telling me one thing, my realtor another and the listing agent another. Not good. His stories and explanations never seemed to line up as my realtor would compare stories she was told with mine and the listing agent's. So basically what it is boiling down to is my current lender has until Tuesday to get a clear to close. If he doesn't I'm moving to a new lender. Yes, I know I have to start the whole darn process over. I actually have sent everything to the potential lender already. So we will see what happens!!!!
Message 66 of 325
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kariered wrote:
I am supposed to close on (first time home buyer) December 6th. I have a contract on a Freddie Mac foreclosure as of 10/6 for $93000 (appraised at $130K). It is a 3 bedroom 2400 square feet in a great neighborhood. I LOVE the house!! I also have a great realtor who has been a real advocate for me as well. Let's just say that dealing with Freddie has been the easiest part of the experience. They were fast at getting back to us in the negotiations, then executing the contract at the beginning of the process. They also fixed up the house before putting it on the market. The house is pretty clean and in really good shape for a foreclosure. Freddie put in all new carpet, new appliances (stove, oven, dishwasher, microwave, faucets and toilets throughout), a new roof and a new air conditioning system. The inspection went really well as it did not reveal anything we already didn't know. There are some rotten fascia boards in a couple places on the outside. The termite report showed no current or past termite infestations. Due to those conditions being optimal for termites, the bank had the house treated as a preventive measure. Now we are just waiting on the lender. We have been waiting and waiting. I was approved a month ago for an FHA mortgage at 4.25%. After approval, my loan officer kept saying "We should close next week." He has been saying this for 4 weeks now. It is starting to get very old. Each week he comes back from underwriting with another condition. The first time he wanted like 3 different statements from my dad's bank account (my dad gave me a gift for the down payment). Then he wanted a new bank statement from me. Then last week my loan officer extended my rate lock (at his expense) because by that time it had expired. Then they found something wrong with the termite report. They didn't like the "conditions optimal for termites" and failed to ignore the part where they had treated the house as a preventive measure. So my loan officer had to get another termite inspection (the bank already had 2 done and I had one done along with the home inspection). At this point I started getting very upset as it seemed like they were just trying to find a way to not give me a mortgage. It just seemed like they were nitpicking everything. I think my loan officer then had to get another rate lock extension (the lender supposedly paid this one too). Because I have a demanding job and can only take phone calls at certain times of the day, my realtor along with her broker then took it into their hands when it came to dealing with the lender. It turns out my loan officer has not been up front about all the issues, telling me one thing, my realtor another and the listing agent another. Not good. His stories and explanations never seemed to line up as my realtor would compare stories she was told with mine and the listing agent's. So basically what it is boiling down to is my current lender has until Tuesday to get a clear to close. If he doesn't I'm moving to a new lender. Yes, I know I have to start the whole darn process over. I actually have sent everything to the potential lender already. So we will see what happens!!!!

Wow, what an experience!  If you care to share I'd love to know who your lender is.  It sounds at this point like you are getting the run around.  No way should there be a different version of things from your LO to each person he talks to! I'm really sorry that this is happening to you, and I think you are already on the ball with sending your info to another lender as a plan B.  I'm hoping you can close this coming week.  Keep us posted.

Message 67 of 325
kariered
Established Member

The lender causing me all the grief is AmCap Home Mortgage Corp. And get this...ever heard of a loan officer going out to the house himself to "fix" something so the loan will close?? That's what this one did, or at least tried to do. My realtor and the listing agent were furious. I had no clue what was going on until after it happened. My realtor took care of it. Thank goodness!!
Message 68 of 325
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kariered wrote:
The lender causing me all the grief is AmCap Home Mortgage Corp. And get this...ever heard of a loan officer going out to the house himself to "fix" something so the loan will close?? That's what this one did, or at least tried to do. My realtor and the listing agent were furious. I had no clue what was going on until after it happened. My realtor took care of it. Thank goodness!!

Wow! I have never, ever heard of this.  Is that even legal? Have you heard anything about your closing?

Message 69 of 325
kariered
Established Member

No, I don't think it's legal. I heard from my loan officer on Friday. He told me that the house passed the termite inspection. I know it did because I was there for the termite inspection. I'm guessing they had another one done?? Then he said I should be clear to close by today or tomorrow.I haven't heard from him since then. I know that I didn't authorize another termite inspection. All of this is sounding prewtty shady.
Message 70 of 325
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.