Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

December closings?

tag
lesaheart
Valued Member

Re: December closings?

I'm supposed to close in two days but I just got hit with identity theft possibly during the beginnings of the loan process. 

Starting EQ score 6/13/2011: 645
Current EQ score: 675
Goal: 750
Message 71 of 325
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lesaheart wrote:

I'm supposed to close in two days but I just got hit with identity theft possibly during the beginnings of the loan process. 

That stinks!! What has your LO/lender said?

Message 72 of 325
notmyj
Regular Contributor

We just got the appraisal back and it is $2k over the sale price with no repairs needed. Had the inspection done and found a few issues, none of which are major. The two big ones are the dish washer floods the floor, and the fridge doesnt work. The house has been vacant for 2 yrs, but it has had utilities on and maintained the entire time, Older guy went into assisted living and never made it out. the POA is selling the house. Since the fridge and the dishwasher need replaced, and a few other things need fixed, I sent them a letter requesting $2500 in Lowes gift cards to cover the costs of appliances and mateials for repair. Had to ask for gift cards as I am maxed out on seller assist.They agreed to the $2500.

Today I sent out more conditions to the processor, the appraisal came back good, the homeowners insurance policy was sent to underwriting, and the seller agreed to give me $2500. Its been a good day. Still waiting for something to fall apart and cause a problem. Buying a house shouldnt be this easy.... I'm hoping to close before Christmas even though my contract date is 1/6/12. The seller agreed to close as soon as we are ready. My loan processor is trying to push this through under writing as fast as he can. So far so good.

As for everyone who is having problems, good luck and keep going. At least you guys already know what your problems are and how to fix them. I am patiently waiting for a bomb to go off that scatters my file all over the underwritng office never to be seen again. I hope everyone gets their home for the holidays.

BK7 Filed 6/4/18
341 7/13/18
SCORES
7/19/18 Pre Discharge TU 8 572 EX 8 566
Message 73 of 325
Anonymous
Not applicable

@notmyj wrote:

We just got the appraisal back and it is $2k over the sale price with no repairs needed. Had the inspection done and found a few issues, none of which are major. The two big ones are the dish washer floods the floor, and the fridge doesnt work. The house has been vacant for 2 yrs, but it has had utilities on and maintained the entire time, Older guy went into assisted living and never made it out. the POA is selling the house. Since the fridge and the dishwasher need replaced, and a few other things need fixed, I sent them a letter requesting $2500 in Lowes gift cards to cover the costs of appliances and mateials for repair. Had to ask for gift cards as I am maxed out on seller assist.They agreed to the $2500.

Today I sent out more conditions to the processor, the appraisal came back good, the homeowners insurance policy was sent to underwriting, and the seller agreed to give me $2500. Its been a good day. Still waiting for something to fall apart and cause a problem. Buying a house shouldnt be this easy.... I'm hoping to close before Christmas even though my contract date is 1/6/12. The seller agreed to close as soon as we are ready. My loan processor is trying to push this through under writing as fast as he can. So far so good.

As for everyone who is having problems, good luck and keep going. At least you guys already know what your problems are and how to fix them. I am patiently waiting for a bomb to go off that scatters my file all over the underwritng office never to be seen again. I hope everyone gets their home for the holidays.

I would just lavish in the idea that everything is going so smoothly lol and hope that it continues right through closing.  If only everyone's home buying experience could be so great. Hopefully you will be on target for an early closing.

Message 74 of 325
lesaheart
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:

@notmyj wrote:

I would just lavish in the idea that everything is going so smoothly lol and hope that it continues right through closing.  If only everyone's home buying experience could be so great. Hopefully you will be on target for an early closing.

The adventures of home buying--just more storytelling for friends & family.

I am a first time homebuyer and all went well until the last few days before closing. I guess a bomb went off on me. I will find out today if I can close tomorrow. 

Message 75 of 325
Scope27
Regular Contributor

@lesaheart wrote:

The adventures of home buying--just more storytelling for friends & family.

I am a first time homebuyer and all went well until the last few days before closing. I guess a bomb went off on me. I will find out today if I can close tomorrow. 

Wishing you luck.  Hope it turns out for the best and you close tomorrow.

Message 76 of 325
lesaheart
Valued Member

I'm a homeowner.

Best wishes everyone.

Message 77 of 325
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats to you lesaheart!! I'm so happy it worked out for you!! Did you end up closing on Dec. 6th? At any rate enjoy your new home! Hopefully there will be many more posts like these to come Smiley Happy.
Message 78 of 325
kariered
Established Member

I finally got the clear to close!!!! May possibly be closing tomorrow afternoon or Monday. Just waiting on the title company to let us know!
Message 79 of 325
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats kariered!! I hope you close tomorrow both to get it over with and to get to spend the weekend in your new house. You are definitely in the homestretch. So excited at all the good news today! I hope it's contagious and that my UW and all other parties involved catch it really soon Smiley Wink. Enjoy your new house hun.
Message 80 of 325
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.