Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

December closings?

tag
Holly1221
Regular Contributor

Re: December closings?

So happy for you lesaheart!!!  Hope you close really soon kariered!!!  The rest of us hope to join you soon!!

12/27/11: EQ 618 / TU 621 / EX 643 (lender pull for CLOSING!)
MYFICO: EQ 618 / TU 610 on 12-07-11
MyFico EQ: 603 on 12-01-11
Current: 594 EQ/ 616 EX/ 599 TU (lender pulls 11-28-11)
Previous: 555 EQ/ 552 EX/ 573 TU (lender pulls 10-28-11)
GOAL: NEW HOUSE ...GOT IT ON 01/27/12
2012 GOAL: 750
Message 81 of 325
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good news: Made it through UWSmiley Happy! LO said he would take care of the few conditions that were given...probably because we gave more than enough paperwork with the application.  The appraisal has now been ordered so that would be the next hurdle.  I'm so happy right now and yet I'm holding my breath for the next phase.  

Message 82 of 325
RW771
Frequent Contributor

Well I finally closed yesterday!!! I was so nervous while signing all of the paperwork lol. It was nice though because my lender and real estate agent were both there with me keeping us all laughing. The whole process took like 30 minutes and I was handed the keys! The only weird thing was my realtor told me the sellers were asking if I would refrain from painting or doing any cosmetic work until today (apparently the loan won't officially fund until today sometime). At first I felt like that was crappy, here I just signed my life away and legally own this house and their asking me not to do any work on my house? But then it was explained to me how this was a reversible mortgage and the family just wanted to be done with the whole thing and make sure everything was paid and final so since this was an estate, and all the sons live out of town, I made no big deal about it.

I literally just received the call that the loan has now funded and everything is final! Tonight I'm going to apply for a furniture card and a Home Depot card! It's been killing me not to apply for anything lol. I guess it's because I've been working so hard to get my credit up to where I could buy a house and haven't had any actual real credit cards in years! No worries though, I've learned my lesson and not getting into trouble with cards again lol.

Good luck to you all! It can be a long and stressful or short and stressful process (like mine) but definitely worth it in the end!

Edited to fix typo.

05/31/2013 672 EQ (Fico), 03/08/2012 697 TU (Fico)

Closed on my first home 12/07/11! Officially a homeowner, thanks to this forum!!!

Message 83 of 325
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RW771 wrote:

Well I finally closed yesterday!!! I was so nervous while signing all of the paperwork lol. It was nice though because my lender and real estate agent were both there with me keeping us all laughing. The whole process took like 30 minutes and I was handed the keys! The only weird thing was my realtor told me the sellers were asking if I would refrain from painting or doing any cosmetic work until today (apparently the loan won't officially fund until today sometime). At first I felt like that was crappy, here I just signed my life away and legally own this house and their asking me not to do any work on my house? But then it was explained to me how this was a reversible mortgage and the family just wanted to be done with the whole thing and make sure everything was paid and final so since this was an estate, and all the sons live out of town, I made no big deal about it.

I literally just received the call that the loan has now funded and everything is final! Tonight I'm going to apply for a furniture card and a Home Depot card! It's been killing me not to apply for anything lol. I guess it's because I've been working so hard to get my credit up to where I could buy a house and haven't had any actual real credit cards in years! No worries though, I've learned my lesson and not getting into trouble with cards again lol.

Good luck to you all! It can be a long and stressful or short and stressful process (like mine) but definitely worth it in the end!

Edited to fix typo.

Wow!! Another success story--congrats RW771! I know it has to feel good.  Now go get furniture and Home Depot credit! So happy for you.

Message 84 of 325
notmyj
Regular Contributor

Huge congrats!! Can't wait to share the feeling of having keys to a house I own in my hand....

BK7 Filed 6/4/18
341 7/13/18
SCORES
7/19/18 Pre Discharge TU 8 572 EX 8 566
Message 85 of 325
RW771
Frequent Contributor

Thank you both! It's nice to be on the other side now! Good luck to you both, look forward to seeing your updates :-)

05/31/2013 672 EQ (Fico), 03/08/2012 697 TU (Fico)

Closed on my first home 12/07/11! Officially a homeowner, thanks to this forum!!!

Message 86 of 325
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Good news: Made it through UWSmiley Happy! LO said he would take care of the few conditions that were given...probably because we gave more than enough paperwork with the application.  The appraisal has now been ordered so that would be the next hurdle.  I'm so happy right now and yet I'm holding my breath for the next phase.  

Hey Shanfran, that is one step closer.  Wishing you a good appraisal report.

Congrats to all who have closed!  What a wonderful early Christmas gift.  I think I need to hang around this thread, it seems to be lucky!

Message 87 of 325
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey Shanfran, that is one step closer.  Wishing you a good appraisal report.

Congrats to all who have closed!  What a wonderful early Christmas gift.  I think I need to hang around this thread, it seems to be lucky!

Thanks VintageGal!

Message 88 of 325
notmyj
Regular Contributor

My loan went through UW today. They are waiting for the courts to verify a lien was paid and released no matter the fact that I sent them the court docs. My original closing date was 1/6/12 but everyone agreed to close earlier if possible. Today I got a lengthy email from my proccessor after the file came back from UW. In it he stated they are waiting for 3 things. The court to verify the lien has been paid/released, the title work to come back, and a small change to the contract (not sure exactly what it is, but he assured me it was a technicality that needs to be changed, nothing that would derail the loan). He is very comfortable with the progress and suprised that I was able to get everything to them as fast I did, (usually within an hour of requesting as I never leave home without my laptop) that he changed the closing date from 1/6/12 to 12/23/11!!!

I may, quite literally, get my house for Christmas!!!

BK7 Filed 6/4/18
341 7/13/18
SCORES
7/19/18 Pre Discharge TU 8 572 EX 8 566
Message 89 of 325
kariered
Established Member

Guess what? I'm closing tomorrow! My agent called me today with the news. My loan is also funding tomorrow. How amazing is that??! Like you all have been saying, this thread is good luck!! The first time I posted in this thread I was still waiting for the UW to finish. Yay! A house for Christmas! And I don't blame any of you for going to get some furniture and home depot credit! Because that's what I plan to do as well! It's been tough for the past month not being able to use my bank account!
Message 90 of 325
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.