Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deferred student loans in DTI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Deferred student loans in DTI

That's cool.  Mine are DSL as well and any deferrments that I have had have all had conditions on them.. Weird.  I think one of the reasons that alot of lenders are moving to counting SL's is because of the vast differences in reporting and tracking, along with all the various repayment options, etc that are out there.  They are not taking much for granted anymore.

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh. Smiley Surprised Well - yeah, of course my deferrment is conditional. I'm still in school (just started actually). I would like to think that the UW would know that there are conditions. But they aren't spelled on the document I received from my servicer. Maybe my UW isn't that familiar with how student loans work. I don't  know. As far as I know it isn't presenting a problem so far. But I haven't been cleared to close yet. My closing is scheduled two weeks from Monday.

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

if the UW already has the docs and has scehduled closing I would not be too worried...  There are alot of variables that will make them decide how stringent they want to be.

Message 13 of 15
ShootingStar
Regular Contributor

I would think that your CR would establish proof of deferment date, as those dates are listed on each of my credit reports, along with the other loan info.

"It's myFICO and I can cry if I want to!"

Starting Score January 1, 2010: 640
Current Scores Updated Sept. 6, 2011: EQ: 765 / TU: 778 / EX PLUS: 773
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

"Working my way up!" Smiley Wink
Message 14 of 15
hotmom

Good information to have...I was just wondering the same question.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.