Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defying the Odds

tag
maryellis1981
Valued Member

Defying the Odds

Hi Everyone!  I don't post too frequently but I do browse other posts and I have always found the information very helpful. 

Here is my story.  I am under contract on a home.  I sold my previous home through a short sale (was getting divorced couldn't afford the house without his income) almost 2 years ago.  I received a preapproval about 2 weeks ago from a mortgage company that works with my credit union.  I do have to put down 20% but for me it is worth it.  This home is perfect and cheaper (with taxes and insurance) than my current rental!  I can't close until after 11/23 due to the short sale but the seller has agreed to wait and will be paying my closing costs.  The next couple of months will be stressful especially when my file is underwriting however my LO is confident.

I will keep everyone in the loop on the process.  I anticipate having to provide A LOT of documentation.  But if any of you have experienced a short sale it looks like there is still hope to buy 2 years later!   I was turned down by lender after lender.  Good luck everyone!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Chbraswell
Regular Contributor

Re: Defying the Odds

good luck!

Beginning:Explus 630 eq 573 tu 593
Current: EXplus:677 Eq 642 TU 727
Goal: Explus 700 eq 700 tu 800

Merrick: 1550 Capital One:1150 Barclay: 2000 Walmart: 300 Chase Freedom: 500
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.