Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied by USDA?

tag
jzsnow
Frequent Contributor

Denied by USDA?

We have been approved by the bank and being submitted tomorrow to usda! In Alabama, the current wait time is 23 days!

Have you heard of someone being approved by the bank yet denied by usda? I'm so nervous!!
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
cocomadd
Regular Contributor

Re: Denied by USDA?

Unfortunately I have heard of denials after being approved by the bank.  If your LO has USDA knowledge you may be OK.  USDA has specific guildlines specific to the USDA program, so it is almost as if you are applying twice.  But getting approved by bank is still a very good sign.

Best of luck!

Exp/647-Fako
EQ/629-Fico
Trans/656-Fako
NEW SCORES
EX/665
EQ/642
Trans/656 Fako

This is new to me but I will take the 750+ challenge! Goal by May 2014
Message 2 of 9
DrMac210
Regular Contributor

@jzsnow wrote:
We have been approved by the bank and being submitted tomorrow to usda! In Alabama, the current wait time is 23 days!

Have you heard of someone being approved by the bank yet denied by usda? I'm so nervous!!

From what I have researched it doesn't happen often, BUT someone posted on here within the last week or so that it happened to them.   I'll try to find the thread......

EDIT:  Here is the thread:  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Mortgage-Loans/Approved-by-Bank-Denied-by-USDA/td-p/2339883

Starting Score: EQ 641, TU ???, EX ??? (myfico 6/7/13)
Current Score: EQ 760, TU 740, EX 750 (myfico July 2015)
Goal Score: 800 across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 9
jzsnow
Frequent Contributor

In that thread, the poster want qualified because if the no lates in the last 12 months rule. We have met all the requirements that the usda has set forth. I'm just so nervous!
Message 4 of 9
jzsnow
Frequent Contributor

Wasn't. Not want.
Message 5 of 9
CreditRepairGirl23
New Contributor

We just closed on 8/2 USDA loan in PA. From what I gather when USDA denies after bank underwriters approval - It is because of misinformation either by the applicant or the bank, house not appraising correctly , not in qualifying area etc.

I was so nervous throughout the process and my mortgage guy kept telling me USDA is "just a rubber stamp" and that the bank underwriting was the hard part.

But I was going to be a wreck until closing anyway..

and then our loan was "randomly selected by USDA for a full manual review/audit" I thought for sure they were going to make us miss our closing but it only took them 3 days turnaround.

Sending lots of positive vibes your way! It is an AMAZING feeling to walk away from closing with the keys to your new home Smiley Happy !!

Message 6 of 9
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

The bank guidelines are going to be more strict then USDA, so if you pass the bank there should be no reason not to pass USDA.

When I tried to do a USDA loan last year I got denied before the file went to USDA.

Message 7 of 9
basballguy
Frequent Contributor

USDA is pretty lax on some of their rules.  I've read around here even with judgments, people have still been able to get a USDA loan....some people pay it off before close, some people have a payment plan setup, etc etc.  USDA does seem to stick to their guns on payment history though.

Message 8 of 9
jzsnow
Frequent Contributor

Our last late was July 2012....so hopefully we are good on that end!
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.