Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied no 2012 return processed

tag
fdiggy
New Contributor

Denied no 2012 return processed

I had to use 2011 and 2012 on application. After paying for appraisal inspections and paying my CPA for a letter i was denied because IRS has not processed my 2012 return yet. Was efiled Jan 30th.

I told them i was losing $700 and my house. Basically tuff luck try again in July, maybe we will have gotten to it by then.

I had to do 2011 and 2012 because im self employed only those 2 years.

Starting Score: 701
Current Score: EX-FICO701 EQ-FICO644 TU-FICO724 all lender pulls April 2nd 2013
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 47
46 REPLIES 46
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

Re: Denied no 2012 return processed

Holy crap man that's devestating...are there no other options, that's basically it?

I'm sweating bullets now because I am in the same boat, I will need 2012 taxes and I e-filed and the taxes were "accepted" on 03/24.

Message 2 of 47
fdiggy
New Contributor

Mine show accepted Jan 30th but in processing ever since.

Yeah thast it, no 2 returns no house.

Starting Score: 701
Current Score: EX-FICO701 EQ-FICO644 TU-FICO724 all lender pulls April 2nd 2013
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 47
In-A-Limbo
Valued Member

Woah, that's a long time. My was accepted on Jan 30th also but I got my refund 2 weeks later. Are they auditing you or something?

Message 4 of 47
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

If you are due a refund, they process the taxes fairly quickly. If you owed taxes, it gets put in the back of the line, even if you already paid the owed taxes. Freaking out over here, on the phone with the IRS right now trying to get through all the menus to talk to someone.

Message 5 of 47
In-A-Limbo
Valued Member

@Mike_B03 wrote:
If you are due a refund, they process the taxes fairly quickly. If you owed taxes, it gets put in the back of the line, even if you already paid the owed taxes. Freaking out over here, on the phone with the IRS right now trying to get through all the menus to talk to someone.

Wow, didn't know. I'm gonna make sure that i over withhold my tax every year from now on.

Message 6 of 47
Sunshine85
Frequent Contributor

Have you contacted the Taxpayer Advocate's office? If not, you should- maybe they can help. 

Did you escalate to someone higher up- President, VP, something, in your lender's company? I would try that as well, in addition to contacting the Taxpayer Advocate's office. 

Message 7 of 47
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

What is the taxpayer's advocate's office? 

BTW I've now been on hold for 2:14 and still holding to talk to the business tax department.

Message 8 of 47
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

Dug this up online, pretty cool...didn't know this existed. I don't know if I should wait and see if the UW will run into a problem (dont know if they will actually require transcripts or if just our copies are ok) or if I should jump ahead and see about getting the taxes processed asap.

You can also call the Taxpayer Advocate Service toll-free at 1-877-777-4778, or fill out Form 911,Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance, and fax or mail it to the address above. 

The Taxpayer Advocate Service is your voice at the IRS. Our job is to ensure that every taxpayer is treated fairly, and that you know and understand your rights. We offer free help to guide you through the often-confusing process of resolving tax problems that you haven’t been able to solve on your own. Remember, the worst thing you can do is nothing at all.

TAS can help if you can’t resolve your problem with the IRS and:

• Your problem is causing financial difficulties for you, your family, or your business.
  • You face (or your business is facing) an immediate threat of adverse action.
  • You’ve tried repeatedly to contact the IRS but no one has responded to you, or the IRS hasn’t responded by the date promised.

If you qualify for our help, we’ll do everything we can to get your problem resolved. You'll be assigned to one advocate who will be with you at every turn. Although TAS is independent within the IRS, our advocates know how to work with the IRS to get your problems resolved.

As a taxpayer, you have rights that the IRS must abide by in its dealings with you. Our tax toolkit can help you understand these rights.

Message 9 of 47
Sunshine85
Frequent Contributor

My guess is you would have to wait and see if the your lender needs the transcript. I used the Advocate's years ago, and they resolved my issue, but I had to provide them with written proof that the delay processing my return was adversely affecting me/creating a hardship. Since your lender hasn't requested the transcript, or put anything in writing stating your loan will be declined without it, you wouldn't have any documentation to provide the Advocate's office with. 

Message 10 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.