FSFdoppleganger
New Contributor

Re: Denied pre approval

Will do.

Starting Score: TU 627 EQ 640 EX 641
Current Score: TU 730 EQ 758 EX 766
Goal Score: TU 750 EQ 800 EX 800
Lender Pull 4/7/14: TU 716 EQ 747 EX 760
"Whatever the mind of men can conceive and believe, it can achieve". Napoleon Hill
Message 11 of 19
FSFdoppleganger
New Contributor

@babyeyes00 wrote:

I asked the lady if there was anything else that was factored into my denial.  She said that I had a judgment and a collection acct.  Both were paid and not recent.  The judgment was 5 years old and the collection account was 3 years old and had reappeared on my credit.  Im in the process of getting that one removed...again.  I was told that when you apply for mortgages that collection accounts will appear from no where.  Well that happened to me.  Thank goodness I have the receipts to prove it and the letters from the CBs that deleted it.  Good Luck to you. 

As a follow-up to this conversation...
Just applied with NFCU and USAA. Instant preapproval with USAA, letter received via email message. NFCU rep said I was preapproved but a LO will call me for the details and LOA.

"Whatever the mind of men can conceive and believe, it can achieve". Napoleon Hill
Message 12 of 19
babyeyes00
Regular Contributor

Thats awesome FSF.  I still havent heard anything from USAA or wells fargo.  We shall see.

Starting Score: 555
Current Score: 685
Goal Score: 825

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 19
FSFdoppleganger
New Contributor

@babyeyes00 wrote:

Thats awesome FSF.  I still havent heard anything from USAA or wells fargo.  We shall see.

Thanks and good luck.

Message 14 of 19
topa
Regular Contributor

What are your FICO credit scores? I think I'm on the same boat as you, but my baddies are much more recent than yours.

Starting Score: 600 (Jan 2014)
Current MyFICO Scores: EQ: 712 | TU: 706 | EX: 702
Current Bureau Scores: EQ Beacon 5.0: 682 | TU FICO Classic 04: 740 | EX FICO V2: 706
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 19
FLAJenn
Regular Contributor

In May last yearI applied to FGMC  after getting denied via our builders lender and got approved with my mid at 640 and my fiance's mid at 617 with a recent collection on both of our accounts that has since been removed. At the time though it caused me a huggggggge amount of stress. We did get approved through automated though even with that. I then tried with Nationstar as they were the preferred lender for our builder for the incentives and since my fiance's score went up to their  minimum of 620 and got approved through them at a lower 4.2% rate with the recent collections on both our reports.

Message 16 of 19
FSFdoppleganger
New Contributor

@FSFdoppleganger wrote:

@babyeyes00 wrote:

Thanks and good luck.

Any update yet from USAA and Wellsfargo? Just curious.

Message 17 of 19
jcrsmom
Contributor

Every situation is different, so don't worry. I just got a pre-approval through them today.

Current EX Score: 760

Message 18 of 19
Barneygirl
Frequent Contributor

I'm not sure what's going on, but I have 3 paid judgements on my CR... all about 4-5 years old.  I was approved for a home, and actually closed on the refi two months ago.  Also, was just pre-approved for a second mortgage.

My suspicion is that it's because it's a MassHousing loan, and the judgement is for a student loan (govt backed I'm assuming??)  

Current FICO Scores: EQ749; TU732; EX733
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.