Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Depressed..

tag
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Re: Depressed..

Oh Boy! Keep an eye on him as he sounds very similar to our landlady by trying to trap you into buying his property. He may try to raise the rent more to try to keep you from being able to move. Keep chugging forward until you qualify for a place YOU want to buy and then move out ASAP! I can't believe these landlords treating tenants like dirt when they paid their rent on time just because the tenant doesn't want to buy their property! It is sickening! Our landlady has stopped making repairs too and our kitchen faucet has been broke (when you turn it on, water shoots up to ceiling and floods the kitchen floor) for 3 months and we have had to eat out or eat microwavable frozen dinners for 3 months...so sick of this crap! I can't wait to get out of here! Our landlady has made fixing the kitchen faucet contingent on signing a Purchase Agreement with her for her property and I am not doing it! Mad as you know what!
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 11 of 33
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Only 6 pts off! OMG! You are soooo close! What is the utility on your cards? Have you found a home you like yet that is still available? Does the T5 Star program require 5% of closing costs from you or is that 5% rolled into a second mortgage along with the required down payment? Do you have any inquiries that are close to being one year old?
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 12 of 33
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@MovingForward_2012 wrote:
Oh Boy! Keep an eye on him as he sounds very similar to our landlady by trying to trap you into buying his property. He may try to raise the rent more to try to keep you from being able to move. Keep chugging forward until you qualify for a place YOU want to buy and then move out ASAP! I can't believe these landlords treating tenants like dirt when they paid their rent on time just because the tenant doesn't want to buy their property! It is sickening! Our landlady has stopped making repairs too and our kitchen faucet has been broke (when you turn it on, water shoots up to ceiling and floods the kitchen floor) for 3 months and we have had to eat out or eat microwavable frozen dinners for 3 months...so sick of this crap! I can't wait to get out of here! Our landlady has made fixing the kitchen faucet contingent on signing a Purchase Agreement with her for her property and I am not doing it! Mad as you know what!

Have you filed a complaint with your local housing authority... this seems very illegal according to national housing laws.   

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 13 of 33
jadeite788
Established Contributor

I applied on creditkarma for another credit card.  Its one for fair credit from the NFL.  I think it is utterly stupid that they want you to get into more debt just to get a freakin house.  Once I get this house I am chopping up those cards.  ugggh..RIBA is the debil

Starting Score: 565
Current Experian Score: 634 (Lender pull)
Current Equifax Score: previous 668, 680 as of 11/12/13 lender pull
Current Transunion Score: previous 675,677 as of 09/23/13
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 14 of 33
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

It is more about showing you can handle debt, not getting into more debt.

Message 15 of 33
jadeite788
Established Contributor

We are.   We were paying month to month at $750 when I lease was up, now he changed it.  My downfall was when we told him we are trying to buy a house, thats where my dad told me that was our mistake.   We already signed up for the Homeowners Class for February 16 in order to get the down payment assistance. I just applied for a 2nd CC for fair credit.  We will see.  I just don't like all of these inquiries.

Message 16 of 33
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

I haven't yet but I should see if I could file a complaint. I didn't think of that! I will look into that today. We do have an attorney coming over to the house on Friday to take pictures of the broken faucet and get a copy of all the email transmittals between me and my landlady. We have to pay a $500 retainer just to hire him!!! So ticked off we have to shell out money for all of this. Our attorney plans to send nasty grams to our landlady and go to court on our behalf when she files for an eviction in hopes he can stop a judgement from being placed on my credit report by getting the eviction dismissed to give us time to finish closing and move out.
Message 17 of 33
jadeite788
Established Contributor

The Utility went from 15% to 61% last month, t hat is what prompted me to pay it off completely early this month.  Me and my husband are still looking.  We have not actually went to view the homes.  We just only took notes on the ones we would like to see.  The T5 Star is 1 origination, and a $375 fee, which includes the closing and downpayment but the LO never stated a second mortgage, so I don't think so.    I have one inquiry on my transunion from 2011 which wont come off until I think later this year.  On my experian I have only 2 hard inquiries for 2012.    Equifax I think its 0 inquires.

Message 18 of 33
jadeite788
Established Contributor

@webhopper wrote:

@MovingForward_2012 wrote:

Have you filed a complaint with your local housing authority... this seems very illegal according to national housing laws.   

I actually have to agree with you on this one.  Here in Texas the landlord has 7 business days to fix or tenant can seek remedies regardless of what type of agreement it is.  3 months is diffenently too long.

Message 19 of 33
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

I hope I don't hit this situation. I rent through a property management and got an extension of 2 months on my lease approved. As soon as I told them I was only moving because I was looking to buy. The management made a point of letting me know the owner is looking to sell. I ignored the email. Already got the extension I needed approved with no increase in rent.
-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)
Goal Score: 700

Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.