cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did FHA actually reduce seller concession limit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did FHA actually reduce seller concession limit?

I'd been hearing the limit would go from 6% to 3%.  Did it actually happen?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
indiasnowden
Regular Contributor

Re: Did FHA actually reduce seller concession limit?

If you mean how much the seller can pay towards closing costs on your behalf the answer is yes.  I am approved for FHA and am waiting on my appraisal to be done.  I made an offer of $59000 with $3K of  closing costs plus one point. My LO said the seller assistance is limited and the buyer can no longer receive any excess at closing.   If the costs come in lower, which they probably will, my LO said the excess is returned to the seller.  Also, for FHA mandated repairs, the seller will have to put 150% of estimated repair costs into escrow.  After the work is finished the seller receives whatever amount is remaining.  I think I explained this correctly.  Maybe Shane the MortgageMan will chime in for you. Good luck to you.

Starting Score: 'All three mid 500s as of 1/1/16
EQ: 633 6 TU: 644 EX: 634 as of 3/11/17 via MyFico
Goal Score: 650

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 3
BrianB_The_Loan_Professor
Valued Contributor

Re: Did FHA actually reduce seller concession limit?

No it has not gone into effect yet you can still get up to 6% for closing cost credit - any not used will be refunded to seller

B

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brian B The Loan Professor
Mortgage Banker - offering FHA, VA, USDA , and Conventional mortgages in all 50 states -

If I do not respond to a follow up question please feel free to contact me directly
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.