Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did I just ruin everything

tag
Gkanthony
New Contributor

Did I just ruin everything

Out file has not gone to an underwriter yet but we sent the processor my husbands pay stubs and rent receipts for the last year last one was for October. We are supposed to close on nov 27th. Well the landlord came to pick up the rent last week and my husband wasn't gone so with out thinking I write the rent check from my acct. the loan is going in my husbands name only. Will the underwriter request to see novembers cancelled check too?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Mondavi
Regular Contributor

Re: Did I just ruin everything

I would see no reason they would ask for a canceled rent check for the month you are going to close. Now maybe if you were closing in December they may ask for November. I also do not really think they would care if you wrote the rent check. I would just say he was out of town and I wrote it out of my own account and he was paying me back when he returned home. I highly doubt it will even come up.

Message 2 of 8
Gkanthony
New Contributor

I was so worried. I was just going to pay the rent twice by sending them a check from my husbands acct.
Message 3 of 8
fot1
Established Contributor

I was paying cash for my rent the two month before I bought a house and it never came up with the two lenders I worked with.

Too many to list..
Message 4 of 8
Gkanthony
New Contributor

Fot1,
We're you using your rent as one of your lines if credit? My husband has to that's why I was wondering.
Message 5 of 8
fot1
Established Contributor

@Gkanthony wrote:
Fot1,
We're you using your rent as one of your lines if credit? My husband has to that's why I was wondering.

No I wasn't

Too many to list..
Message 6 of 8
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

i wouldn't sweat this.

life happens.... and we deal with it. lender might want the verification you paid november.... if they do you will likely write a letter explaining

Retired Lender
Message 7 of 8
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

@DallasLoanGuy wrote:

i wouldn't sweat this.

life happens.... and we deal with it. lender might want the verification you paid november.... if they do you will likely write a letter explaining

+1.  Just give them the cancelled check from your bank account, should be a complete non-issue.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.