Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different Scores

tag
kleahc
New Contributor

Different Scores

So, I rad on this forum that the "consumer scores" I may have been getting from freecreditreport.com may be way higher than the actual FICO score when the ledner pulls it. So, I purchased the MyFICO reports, and my scores are actually quite a bit higher when pulled here.

Can someone please help me to understand this? I know higher = better, but now I feel a little trepidation because I don't want to NOT know something that major. Thanks in advance for any help understanding the differences.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Peter1142
Established Contributor

Re: Different Scores

The only FICO score you can buy AFAIK that is actually used by lenders is the EQ FICO score offered on this site (I believe EQ sells it themselves also), which is used by almost all mortgage lenders. The FICO scores for the other bureaus sold here are not commonly used, and any scores you obtain elsewhere are likely not to be FICO scores at all but what are called "FAKO" scores and do not correlate to the scores used by lenders. They could be higher or lower. They are just different. They are made in imitation of FICO scores.

Also mortgage qualification uses the middle of your 3 major CRA's FICO scores and there is no way to know what this is without having a lender do a hardpull. But if you get your EQ FICO here, there is a 66% chance this is your score, or your score will be higher. You can check the report vs the reports from the other bureaus obtainable in numerous ways, to see if there are any negatives that are different, to help you judge the likelyhood of this.

The EQ score sold here is the gold standard of judging your worthiness for apping, combined with your reports from the other CRA's, is the best way to judge your readiness to have your lender pull your trimerge report.

Message 2 of 3
kleahc
New Contributor

Re: Different Scores

OK, here's a question. The ONLY negatives on my CR are medical collections, and all but two are from 5 to 6 years ago. The more recent ones are all paid, and only one older one remains unpaid.

Do medical collections facter/figure differently than credit card debt or other types of debt on the FICO "classic" (or whichever the formula they use for the MyFICO.com score)?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.