Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disclosure meeting nuts and bolts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disclosure meeting nuts and bolts

As reported in another thread, my disclosure meeting took place a few days ago.

I was given a closing date of May 26th, so LO made HP on credit for review.

"Man y'all killing me with all these HPs.  I picked up 2 pts recently but now y'all just took it off"  LOL

"Don't worry about that, as long as it US pulling it, we don't much care"

Two days later fico fired off the alerts, "There has been a inquriry on your Experian."  Result of that pull +3!  So I gained 3 pts on that pull??  WTH??  Does ANYBODY how they figure this stuff??  LMAO.  TU=no change and jury still out on EQ.

I think they do our scores like the bingo numbers.  The ping pong balls float around in the bubble, then they open the door and one shoots up the tube. they grab it. "give bamaguy a 721 this month."

I advised the LO I had a installment loan on signature pay out in April. It was 4 years perfect payments.   I had no choice but pay, it was the final payment.  I didn't want to end that credit line, but didn't want to be a month late either.   That event has not reported yet, so no damage was done.

We looked over my file.  "This right here is gonna be a problem", as she held my 2013, 2014 tax returns.  "Why" I asked

"Well, you did them in hand, he's not gonna like that"

"So he's thinkin I made stuff up, because it looks like amateur did the work?  All my income is W2 right there"

"well I didn't wanna say it"

I explained my taxes were straight forward.  I have no dependents, no mortgage, little medical expense, and charity is inline with my income.  I take the standard deductions they give me.  It is not complicated.  It takes me all of 15 minutes.  I use to do turbo tax but recent price increases over there ran me off.  "Heck I'll just do my own and save that 50 bucks for 15 minutes work and go to the movies and dinner.

I turned serious, "Look ANYBODY smart enough to do UW work should quickly see MY taxes not complicated with various schedules and add ons.  Its 2 pages, 1040A, if he doesn't like it, tell him to call the IRS they processed it no problem."

"Ok, Ok,"

"I understand it looks better all typed out, but that is slooooooow, besides I knew I was gonna have to pay so I was gonna make them wait till the last day and MAIL it, and thats what I did."

"Alright just do me a favor, go to the IRS web site and print out the transcripts"

"Ok I can do that, but here's the next deal. I owe the IRS 2500 dollars on that 2014 1040, I sent 500 in with the 1040.  I put the balance on hold till I knew exactly what I needed to get in this house."

"Alright we're gonna have to settle that.  We'll need a formal pay plan"

"What if I just pay it off?"

"That'd be better"

"ok waitin on them to contact me.  Calling them is endless hold times."

"Ok take care of it, will delay closing if out there"

Next on the agenda was the property tax.  "ok, you're too late to file for your homestead exemption.   I mean it's gonna be filed, but won't take effect till 2016.  So you're payment is gonna be + 100 or so then it should be.  You'll get rebated and the payment will adjust next year."

"And the courthouse is gonna know to do that"

"yeah but the escrow people will take care of it, but you need to stay ontop of that when the time comes, you know how that stuff can go.  It will be discussed more at closing, but that is the purpose of disclosure meeting to prepare."

So I said, "ok lemme sum up what I need to do"

"you'll need this amount of check on closing day"

"yes, but could change a few dollars"

"I go to the IRS web site print 2013 and 2014 transcripts, shoot em to ya"

"yes"

"document and take care the 2014 tax bill"

"yes"

"estimated closing date May 26"

"yes, on my end, but construction is the real people in charge."

I don't see may 26.  Lot to do on interior.  Paint, trim, flooring, install appliances, install lighting and tile baths and mudroom, and not even started the landscaping.  Then apprasials, and final inspections.  I'm thinking early June, and I gotta be out of here by June 1.  Looks like extended stay motel for week or 2 Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

Re: Disclosure meeting nuts and bolts

the LO/UW is making a stink over your taxes being done by hand??  As long as they tie to what the IRS has in their database and your W2, it shouldn't matter if they were done in Chinese.

and why do you need to print off the transcripts?  isn't that why they got the signed 4506-T from you?  

Tell your LO that Frugal said to stop being lazy!!

oh yeah....great post!!Smiley Very Happy

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 2 of 6
merc64
Valued Member

My recent inquiry for mortgage caused one of my scores to jump 11 points! Like you, I don't think I'll ever be able to fully figure out these scoring models.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Frugal asked-

and why do you need to print off the transcripts?  isn't that why they got the signed 4506-T from you?  

Not sure what a 4506 is. She does have the 2013.  The 2014 not fully posted yet. I did print the wage and income the full transcript is not up yet.  But what I have will confirm my 1040 for the year has been recorded and accepted.

"the LO/UW is making a stink over your taxes being done by hand??"

Thats what she said.  "He ain't gonna like that."  Well he ain't gotta like it, he's just gotta go with it, cause I don't have anything else.

Late this afternoon I did receive a email from the LO, my closing date is now June 19.  That info was given to her by mgt and the builder, so it is reliable.  So I'm gonna be in the Extended Stay almost 3 weeks.  Smiley Mad

Message 4 of 6
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

the underwriter uses the 4506-T to pull the exact same information you pulled from their website.  the form is to give them authorization to request the info on your behalf.  they should not have asked you to pull it....ok, sorry, i'm nitpicking right now, but it annoys me when i have to do someone else's job when there's no reason prohibiting them doing it.

i'm sorry about having to push closing back.  it is such a pain to have to reschedule your move and make alternate arrangements.  at least you get to have an extended vacation with your wife!!Smiley Wink

will you have to put your stuff in storage during this time?

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Frugal wanted to know-

"will you have to put your stuff in storage during this time?"

Yeah, the plan is one of those Pod things.  I'm gonna have it delivered about week prior, take our time loading it, and just keep out what we need to live on.  We have to be in Mobile the 29 and 30th for something my son has going on.  Getting out of here and in the new was going to be hard even if we could have closed on the 24th.

My biggest concern right now?  My cat Lil Bit.  A stray momma cat left him on our patio a few years ago, and we gave him a home.  He ain't gonna like being moved LOL, and I dunno what Extend Stay is gonna let us do.  If we board him 3 weeks, he won't do well, he's pretty attached to me.  DW says we're startin to favor.

DW was disappointed about the closing news, but it was not unexpected.  If not delayed more, this will be a 7 month process, but to be fair they did not break ground till after Christmas.

She has most of the stuff off the walls, dishes packed, books etc also boxed.  Can barely walk in the dining room.  I gotta find out the status on our Samsung at home depot and advise them delivery not taking place till June.

My new digs is gonna have a media room upstairs so I went ahead and bought me a new popcorn popper like the movies.  I even bought the special popping corn and coconut oil that makes movie popcorn the best.  It came in a few days ago via Amazon.  It was deliverd to my wife's office. (like all my amazon stuff)

She called me, "What about this package just came in"

"That's gonna be MY popcorn popper"

"so why didn't ya just wait till we got moved?

"Cos I might want some popcorn tonight"

"you gonna break it out tonight?"

"I might"

"Thats alot of trouble, why not microwave like everybody else"

"cos I aint everybody else why you love me LOL"

"I do, but still alot of trouble"

Untitled-1 copy.jpg

I already have a skybox fridge, Xmas from DW few years ago,(Packer Emblem on front) for my Mtn Dews, Cokes, and Sprite.  I asked DW to pick me out a table thing with a pantry.  I'm gonna go Walmart and buy baby ruths, boston baked beans, mike and Ikes, and Hot tamale.  You know the real movie candy.  Might even get the stuff for nachos.  I'm gonna decorate it with my fire dept memorbila, stuff from my motorcycle trips, and Alabama/Packer football.

So I tried it out and can report excellent popcorn.  I dialed up to see what I had on TIVO, I found a couple epsisodes of Blacklist to catch up on.

"Dang that smells good" so she reached in.

"Uh uh, you get your micowave bag out, said this is too much trouble"

"I said it was trouble didn't say it wasn't gonna be good"

So moving does have advantages.  Now that I have a "Media Room" I have arrived LOL.  Can't wait till football season.  I'm open for suggestions on what kind of flat screen to put up there.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.