Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discrimination in Mortgage Industry

tag
In-A-Limbo
Valued Member

Re: Discrimination in Mortgage Industry

@fishbjc wrote:

Yep...b/c I'm a female.  I took my teenage son car shopping.  The salesman told me to come back with my husband.  Smiley Mad  Sure thing buddy!

It's as though America is the land of perfection.  If you're not white, tall, slender, big boobs, blond and rich....you're overlooked as a female.

~~~As far as your experience....shame on those 'salespeople'.~~~ 

LOL... Same thing happened to me when I was car shopping by myself when I was 22. I walked into an Infiniti dealership knowing exactly what I want and already have my loan approved from my bank and have the blank check on hands. Sales man told me to come back with my dad. I know more about cars than him and he was telling me to go home.

Message 21 of 24
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

I just wanted to add my 2 cents to the conversation as I have been/am going through a discrimination situation myself, of which I do not care to share the details.  But it is not a good feeling.  And the feeling is more of sadness than of anger.  A sadness for those who discriminate, not a sadness for myself.

Imo, I believe that discrimination is the worst kind of sin.  Discrimination = hate.  And it is Hate for nothing more than the sake of Hate.  And Jesus said that the most important commandment of all is Love.  Love for God and Love for your neighbors.  So if the greatest commandment of all is Love, then it stands to reason that the greatest sin of all is hate.

So what can one do if they have been discriminated against?  I suppose one could sue, but I pray.  I pray for those who discriminate that they might repent.

In the past, I probably would not have believed many of the statements that suggest that discrimination exists so pervasively.  But recent events have been an eye opener for me.  And it is a bit sad.  Logically and humanisticly (I think I just made up this word), I just won’t ever understand the rationale others use to arbitrarily discriminate against a stranger who they do not know.     

Message 22 of 24
accidentalpancake
Regular Contributor

ccnewcc,

I understand the sentiment, especially coming from someone who may have been discriminated against, but consider that not all discrimination comes from hate. As crazy as it sounds in today's world, some people are raised in environments where certain unsavory behaviors and stereotypes are reinforced as truth. As difficult as it is, discriminating behavior should be analyzed further than being labeled hate at first sight.

FICO as of Feb 2017:
EQ 712 | 728 TU | 713 EX
Message 23 of 24
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

@accidentalpancake wrote:

ccnewcc,

I understand the sentiment, especially coming from someone who may have been discriminated against, but consider that not all discrimination comes from hate. As crazy as it sounds in today's world, some people are raised in environments where certain unsavory behaviors and stereotypes are reinforced as truth. As difficult as it is, discriminating behavior should be analyzed further than being labeled hate at first sight.

No.

Discrimination itself is hate. Being raised in a hate-filled environment is a convenient excuse for abhorrent behavior.

There were two brothers at a party. One was drinking and the other was not. The first brother who was not drinking was asked, “Why don’t you grab a drink? This is a party.” He replied, “No, I don’t drink. My father was an alcoholic.” The second brother who was drunk was asked, “Why do drink so much? You are behaving like a drunkard.” He replied, “I drink so much because my father was an alcoholic.”

Discrimination is hate. Whether one was raised to discriminate or not has no bearing on the fact that discrimination is hate. Learned hate is the same as hate. There are no degrees of hate. Hate is hate. Discrimination is discrimination. And discrimination is hate.

God made us to love not to hate. For God is not a hateful God but a loving God.

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.