Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispute Clarification

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dispute Clarification

In the comment section of a couple of TL's it says "consumer disputes."  This is because at one point in time I disputed it, either by hand written letter or online.  However most of them have been paid and have a zero balance.

Is this a dispute that will have be cleared up for mortgage approval?

I was always under the impression it was when something is highlight and currently under investigation.  I have received results for these but that "consumer disputes" remains in the comments on my TL's.

Do I need to start working on getting these off too?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Dispute Clarification

The underwriter will want these statements removed.

Because they cannot be sure they aren't 'currently in dispute'

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 4
sewmuchdebt
Regular Contributor

hi millie23, not trying to hijack your thread but i was also wondering about these comments as i have several of them in the comment section by my creditors. what if that creditor is a collection agency? how hard is it to deal with them? has anyone just added their own comments to each account to state not being disputed or is considered a credit faus paus to add a statement to your file? thanks

Starting Score: EQ 505 jul09
Current Score: EQ 702 TU 693 EX 692 apr12
Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
sewmuchdebt
Regular Contributor

i called all 3 bureaus to see about having the dispute comments removed.experian removed them immediately! the rep just asked if i agreed with what was being reported and i said yes. both transunion and equifax opened up disputes and said  it takes about 30 days to get a decision.

Starting Score: EQ 505 jul09
Current Score: EQ 702 TU 693 EX 692 apr12
Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.