Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispute Headaches!!! Need Advice!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dispute Headaches!!! Need Advice!

I’m in need of much needed advice! I am currently applying for a mortgage for a new build and hit a snag with my credit report that suspended my loan approval. I was told that I have disputed accounts that needed to be removed before getting a pre-approval. I went ahead and called the credit reporting agencies (Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion) and had all the dispute comments removed.

When I called the mortgage company back to let them know the comments were removed they informed me that it could take 30 to 90 days for the credit agencies to report the change. Why would they tell me it could take 30 to 90 days for credit agencies to update when I had them removed directly from the agencies?? The CA told me that it should automatically update on my report! I am very confused and frustrated and would appreciate any advice!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Dispute Headaches!!! Need Advice!

@Anonymous wrote:

I’m in need of much needed advice! I am currently applying for a mortgage for a new build and hit a snag with my credit report that suspended my loan approval. I was told that I have disputed accounts that needed to be removed before getting a pre-approval. I went ahead and called the credit reporting agencies (Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion) and had all the dispute comments removed.

When I called the mortgage company back to let them know the comments were removed they informed me that it could take 30 to 90 days for the credit agencies to report the change. Why would they tell me it could take 30 to 90 days for credit agencies to update when I had them removed directly from the agencies?? <= because they are idiots...... The CA told me that it should automatically update on my report! I am very confused and frustrated and would appreciate any advice!

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats what I was thinking! I kept trying to explain to them that I went directly to the CA not the creditor and they still kept telling me it would take 30 to 90 days to be removed. I thought maybe I was missing something.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey. I had three items in dispute and my LO had me to write a letter to the credit bureau. I emailed the letters to my LO and she sent them in for me. My LO did a rescore and in three days the disputes were removed from my credit report. My score went down a little bit but my midscore was still above the requirement for FHA. Good luck!
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's exactly what I did, I called today to confirm the comments were removed, which they were. For some reason my mortgage company does not want to do a re-score because they are under the assumption that it will take at least 30 days to be removed! Thanks for the comments, I was starting to think I was wrong!

Message 5 of 11
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

That's exactly what I did, I called today to confirm the comments were removed, which they were. For some reason my mortgage company does not want to do a re-score because they are under the assumption that it will take at least 30 days to be removed! Thanks for the comments, I was starting to think I was wrong!

Your lender just did you a favor....they showed you up front they don't know what they are doing. If if were me, I would find another lender immediately.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@StartingOver10 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Your lender just did you a favor....they showed you up front they don't know what they are doing. If if were me, I would find another lender immediately.

+1 I wouldn't even bother calling them back until you've found another lender, then I'd call them back and tell them to suck it - but I've been known to be a bit dramatic Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@StartingOver10 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

+1 I wouldn't even bother calling them back until you've found another lender, then I'd call them back and tell them to suck it - but I've been known to be a bit dramatic Smiley Very Happy

+1000.. 

Message 8 of 11
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

indeed.

Retired Lender
Message 9 of 11
Score_Raiser_T
Valued Member

I strongly agree. That lender has no idea what they are doing. My lender did not make me remove my disputes. People I know that did have some removed it did not take 30-90 days to remove. Sounds like you should keep it moving. 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.