Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispute Removal - Equifax

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dispute Removal - Equifax

Someone Help!!! I have less than two weeks to close and I am having a hard time satisfying the last condition which is to get  2  disputes off of my credit report.  The other 2 bureaus removed with no problem.  Equifax is giving me the run around. I have contacted the creditors they have said that its Eq. that needs to take it off.  One of the creditors even gave me a control number to give to them because they have already spoke with them.  Finally one the reps told me that one creditor responded but they are waiting on the other one before they can update my report.   How can I get this resolved!! Help!!!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Dispute Removal - Equifax

Good luck with Equifax. I have 2 separate items that have been on there for months. All the other CRA's have deleted them. I even sent letters to EQ from the CA's themselves stating they are  to be removed, no success.

Hope you find the answer!

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for commenting, I did find the answer my LO is the best.  He did a rapid rescore and it worked.  No more comments and I am set to close on 09/28! I am very excited! I want start celebrating until I have the keys in my hand.

Message 3 of 11
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for commenting, I did find the answer my LO is the best.  He did a rapid rescore and it worked.  No more comments and I am set to close on 09/28! I am very excited! I want start celebrating until I have the keys in my hand.

that works best.....

we can order supplemental reports with ammended data.... like your statement that you no longer dispute.

if anyone is in a similar situation.... address this EARLY.... as some loan officers cant do this for you, because they dont understand the problem.

Retired Lender
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a dispute notation - actually because I PUT IT THERE. CA reporting the date of the debt as 3/06 when it is from 4/04. They say 3/06 is when they acquired the debt, so the date is correct. Apparently EX agrees since I disputed and nothing changed. I called EX today and asked them to remove the note. I also called CA and they agreed to PFD - then emailed me a letter agreeing to the PFD. Hopefully somewhere between these two things, I'll get this cleared up - it's my only collectjon account.

I still have more than 30 days until closing so... fingers crossed!

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi. What did you LO do? I am currently in the same position. I was able to remove the disputes from all but Equifax. They say the lender must do it and the lender says EQ

must do it. Need to close by 2/10.  Nervous that I might not get it released to close

Message 6 of 11
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi. What did you LO do? I am currently in the same position. I was able to remove the disputes from all but Equifax. They say the lender must do it and the lender says EQ

must do it. Need to close by 2/10.  Nervous that I might not get it released to close

Hi! I just wanted to point out that you replied to a thread from September 2010. Other than DallasLoanGuy, I don't know if any of the posters are still around.

With luck, some of the currently active members can help you. Smiley Happy

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can u explain a little more in detail how you got your results? In the sam situation!!!

Message 8 of 11
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Can u explain a little more in detail how you got your results? In the sam situation!!!

Have you already called the CRAs using the numbers in the other thread http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Mortgage-Loans/Best-Way-to-Remove-quot-Account-In-Dispute-quot-for-Mortgage/td-p/869326?  Use those numbers.  At the same time, I would write a letter directly to the lender telling them that you are withdrawing the dispute.  Attack it on both fronts.  With BofA, I had to keep writing them directly to get it removed.  Be persistent.  Also, when calling the CRAs, remember to be polite and if the person is not cooperating, hang up and try calling back.  Sometimes its a matter of getting the right rep to help you. 

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is a Rapid Rescore?
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.