cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispute Removal Question/Will Score Drop?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dispute Removal Question/Will Score Drop?

I have some disputes showing on my credit. Both of them were disputes from 90+ days ago. My lender had them removed and is doing a rapid rescore. Since these disputes weren't "active" or within the 30-day time frame, will my scores drop Friday when they rescore? I have read that scores will only drop after removing an "active" dispute but want more info. Also, the disputes are mainly from old debts. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Re: Dispute Removal Question/Will Score Drop?

I had mixed results.

My Equifax dropped several points, my Experian dropped like a rock but my Transunion actually went up a good 20 points.

I am still trying to recover from this. But my middle score is over a 660.

I wanted to go conventional but its not in the cards, so FHA it is.

Message 2 of 4
ppiatt913

I am in the middle of the exact same thing. I felt my stomach twist when this came up. Luckily, my LO assured me that they were not going to pull a new score, just needed to see a new report with this comment removed from one trade. I am still very nervous as I have heard the same results as you have. Mine are not active disputes either, the comment is just there....so I guess we just have to wait and see. Good Luck!

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

FYI:

The scores did drop - about 30-40 points each report. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.