summer0731

Dispute Removal Question/Will Score Drop?

I have some disputes showing on my credit. Both of them were disputes from 90+ days ago. My lender had them removed and is doing a rapid rescore. Since these disputes weren't "active" or within the 30-day time frame, will my scores drop Friday when they rescore? I have read that scores will only drop after removing an "active" dispute but want more info. Also, the disputes are mainly from old debts. 

Valued Contributor
tooleman694

Re: Dispute Removal Question/Will Score Drop?

I had mixed results.

My Equifax dropped several points, my Experian dropped like a rock but my Transunion actually went up a good 20 points.

I am still trying to recover from this. But my middle score is over a 660.

I wanted to go conventional but its not in the cards, so FHA it is.

ppiatt913

[ Edited ]

I am in the middle of the exact same thing. I felt my stomach twist when this came up. Luckily, my LO assured me that they were not going to pull a new score, just needed to see a new report with this comment removed from one trade. I am still very nervous as I have heard the same results as you have. Mine are not active disputes either, the comment is just there....so I guess we just have to wait and see. Good Luck!

summer0731

FYI:

The scores did drop - about 30-40 points each report. 

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+