Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispute Removal

tag
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: Dispute Removal

That's a new one lgreg, have you tried calling West Asset Management back a few times to see if you can get a manager willing to write that letter, or calling CSC back a few times to see if others will authorize acceptance of the UDF (Universal Data Form)?  I thought UDF's were actually sent via fax, not electronically.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have called west asset several times. They refuse to write a letter They said they are obligated to do nothing else but the udf . It finally has been taken off my csc report but I am still going in circles with transunion. They claim to have heard nothing from west assest and west asset claims to have sent them the electronic form. Transunion did one re-investigation with out removing the dispute. They said they can only do another which will take another 30 days. I am very frustrated as I have been trying for 3 months to get this simple comment off my report. Any other ideas would be appreciated.

Message 12 of 19
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

I'd continue to call TransUnion back, although slower to get it done, they always removed the disputes in my clients experiences.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am about ready to give up. transunion still states they have no notification of the dispute removal by west asset. West asset says they have difinatley withdrew the flag for the comment. Transunion is supposed to be running their third reinvestigation. Do I have any other recourse such as the ftc or legal representation. This is costing me more each day as I could be saying a ton in interest if I could get refinanced

Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there, I'm in the same situation and I cant seem to find a live person to talk to at Equifax, can you forward me the number that you called? I was just about to start calling the directly the companies until I saw Shane's response. Please forward any helpful information on how to deal directly with Equifax to get my disputes removed, thanks so much!

Message 15 of 19
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi there, I'm in the same situation and I cant seem to find a live person to talk to at Equifax, can you forward me the number that you called? I was just about to start calling the directly the companies until I saw Shane's response. Please forward any helpful information on how to deal directly with Equifax to get my disputes removed, thanks so much!

Hi, welcome to the forums!

If you look at the post you replied to, it's nearly 4 months old, and it looks like the poster hasn't been back since.

You might want to post this question over on Rebuilding Your Credit. When you're on the new board (forum), just click the blue "new message" button above on the left and start your own thread. Good luck!

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 16 of 19
creditchild
Regular Contributor

its just another one of those punishing tactics they use. i mean if you think about it when you dispute something the electronically contact the creditor and in return within 30days the creditor gets back with them. so why should we have to get this removed from our reports? in other words the cra do anything to hold you back and theres no one to regulate them. its sad.
Message 17 of 19
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@creditchild wrote:
its just another one of those punishing tactics they use. i mean if you think about it when you dispute something the electronically contact the creditor and in return within 30days the creditor gets back with them. so why should we have to get this removed from our reports? in other words the cra do anything to hold you back and theres no one to regulate them. its sad.

I tend to think that it's more a question of sheer laziness on their parts. But I agree, the pitiful level of oversight over CRA actions toward consumers is contemptible. Smiley Mad

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I had the same issue as you regarding dispute remarks on my credit report a couple weeks ago.  I went into get preapproved and desktop underwriter returned a "refer" due to the dispute remarks.  Under these conditions the file must go to manual UW for pre-approval.  I was told this would take "at least a week", which was too long to wait for my situation.  So, here's what I did -

I contacted EX directly, they will remove the dispute remarks based on your verbal acknowledgement that there is no longer a dispute.

For TU and EQ, the lender needs to do one of the following - (1) send an update to the CRA's to remove the dispute remark, or (2) provide you with a letter stating the dispute is resolved, which you then fax to the CRA's.

I contacted the lender directly and did both (1) and (2) above.  I started the process on Thursday, and by the following Monday they were all gone (4 days).  Once I confirmed that the dispute remarks were gone, I let my LO know and he re-pulled my tri-merge and voila, preapproved!

Good luck!

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.