Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispute came back on CR after being removed and currently in underwriting

tag
ChicAndFabulous
Valued Member

Dispute came back on CR after being removed and currently in underwriting

I had my disputes removed prior to being pre-approved for a mortgage. I now have a house under contract and my file just got to underwriting on Friday...or is waiting to be looked at an underwriter. Just got an alert from myfico that there was a change on an account. It looks like one of the accounts is now being disputed on my credit report again?!? I didn't dispute it and don't know why it's showing disputed again? The account has been closed since 2008 and is paid, but I'm worried about the dispute being in my credit while my file is in underwriting. I understand the lender will do a soft pull right before closing. Will the dispute cause issues and not allow me to close on time? Adding more anxiety on top of the typical underwriting process! Ahhh! Can't wait til this is over. Supposed to close on the 18th. Any advice is sincerely appreciated.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
topa
Regular Contributor

Re: Dispute came back on CR after being removed and currently in underwriting

Happened to me and I ended up with over 10 pulls in the last 2 months because of it. Before attempting to apply I called the 3 bureaus and only applied when they had confirmed the disputes were removed.

The first LO told me I had a disputes, so I called again to have them removed. I went through 3 lenders and every one had the same issue.

Just call all 3 and ask them to remove, Shane has a link that provides the details on removing them. Search for shanethemortgageman

Starting Score: 600 (Jan 2014)
Current MyFICO Scores: EQ: 712 | TU: 706 | EX: 702
Current Bureau Scores: EQ Beacon 5.0: 682 | TU FICO Classic 04: 740 | EX FICO V2: 706
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 5
ChicAndFabulous
Valued Member

Thanks. I've actually already gone through that process of calling and asking them to remove. They did remove. I've already been pre approved for a loan. My file is in underwriting now. Just wondering if the dispute popping up on my account again will cause problems before closing
Message 3 of 5
topa
Regular Contributor

Probably not. One LO asked me to sign a letter stating that I wanted to remove the dispute, the LO took over a week to get it removed.

I would just call the bureaus and make sure you don't have a remark periodically until you close, that way you can quickly deal with it if it comes back.

Starting Score: 600 (Jan 2014)
Current MyFICO Scores: EQ: 712 | TU: 706 | EX: 702
Current Bureau Scores: EQ Beacon 5.0: 682 | TU FICO Classic 04: 740 | EX FICO V2: 706
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

The credit check done just before closing is to make sure no new accounts have popped up during the process, or that the monthly payments haven't increased to the point where you would no longer qualify.  It's not to re-check your scores or to make sure no disputes have been initiated.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.