Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispute/mortgage question

tag
Marcos8
Established Contributor

Dispute/mortgage question

Hello all. I have read here that in order to get a mortgage you must not have any disputes on your credit report. A few years ago I disputed something and it came back as being reported accurate. Now 3 years later it still reads "consumer disputes this information" or something to that efffect. Is this still something that needs to be removed considering it is not an active dispute and that it is 3 years old?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

Re: Dispute/mortgage question

Your mortgage lender will probably require that you have the dispute comment removed but since the dispute is closed that will not be a real problem. It is usually just a phone call to the credit bureau, prove your identity and make the request. They deal with it all the time. If you really want to be proactive you could try now or wait and see if it is an issue with your lender.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.