Past due:$0$0
Last activity:1/1/20132/1/2013
Description:Credit card
Amount in H/C column is credit limit
Consumer disputes this account information
Credit card
Amount in H/C column is credit limit

Contact: CAPITAL ONE, PO Box 30281, Salt Lake City, UT, 841300281

This is a current account in good standing and I did not dispute it. What the heck do I do to get rid of the dispute? I'm in the process of getting a mortgage and can't have any disputes on my file.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

Re: Dispute popped up on my report?!

Ah crap I just realized what it is...

I disputed a charge on my card with the credit card company. That actually shows up on the credit report?! How they heck do I get rid of it?

Message 2 of 7
payingoffdebt001
Frequent Contributor

Maybe it will clear itself out before they pull another report on  you.  I struggled with removing one - they were disputing that I was disputing so I was going round and round for months.  Some are easy to get off by calling in - but some arent.  The one that I'm struggling with, my lender said she can do a rapid rescore and get it removed for me.  Not sure how but praying it works. 

Message 3 of 7
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

That's crazy! You are not the first person that posted something like this. I disputed a charge on my Orchard Bank account last year and a couple of years before that and nothing showed up on my credit reports. This appears to be a new process that credit card companies are enforcing to punish those that dispute a charge. A few years back, this did not happen. It is ridiculous! I think the only thing you can do is either wait for the dispute to process or retract the dispute and pay the fraudulent charge. How much was the charge for? Do you think they will do another hard pull before closing?
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 4 of 7
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

I ended up cancelling the dispute. It was for $37.00 from a service I disputed that wasn't performed. I'd rather pay the $37.00 than have it mess up my mortgage.

It probably won't be until May when they do another credit pull so it should be ok by then.

Message 5 of 7
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

+1, if I had a dispute for $37 and I needed it removed for a mortgage, I would have paid it too.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 6 of 7
fast_times

I also just discovered a note left on my CR after disputing a fraudulent $350 charge on one of my cards (right after using it at a restaurant)  It notes "Account previously in dispute - investigation complete, reported by data furnisher"  Is this affecting my credit, or is the fact the investigation is complete mean there is no effect now?

FICO mid 770's
CapOne Quicksilver ($750) - Chase Freedom ($3500)
CitiBank Dividend ($6000) - AmEx Blue Cash Everyday ($9600)
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.