Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispute question - clarification

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dispute question - clarification

I'm in a Capital One nightmare.

They mistakenly charged me an annual fee, credited back and then didn't update the bureaus.

My loan officer asked for a letter showing a 0 balance -- which they finally faxed over to me.

Then I find out today -- in the Comment section on Equifax it says :"Account closed. Consumer disputes this information after account closed."

My lender didn't seem to think it was really a dispute - dispute.

I don't know!

I have a 4 page thread on what a nightmare this card has been. A $300 card I paid in full! Never charged off, never in collections!

Does it matter if it's just a dispute marked in the "Comments" section???

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Dispute question - clarification

the problem is that we cannot always tell if it is in dispute or just a comment.

even if you 'could' prove it to ME that it is just a comment..... the loan software can flag it and it still has to be removed.

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 6
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Regardless of where in the record the dispute statement appears, lenders still want it removed. I recommend that you remove it/them as you won't be able to fight the lender...its their rules remember.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

My lender just contacted me, we're all good! It is not a "dispute dispute" so it's good!

Message 4 of 6
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Great that your lender has ruled in your favor. Hopefully it won't come up again.

Message 5 of 6
youdontkillmoney
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Does it matter if it's just a dispute marked in the "Comments" section???

^^^^^^

I'm going through that now, I could not leave well enough alone and disputed certain cards even though they were closed and paid in full, no lates etc. I tried to get them deleted because I don't remember opening them, or same issue with wife's credit file.

Anyway, it ended up under "remarks"..the credit file just added "Consumer disputes, paid in full, zero balance".

Now I have to contact each bureau and say "I don't dispute anything, please delete the comment "dispute"

On my credit file, after a phone call, or online, it's all done. My report does not have any word "dispute" in it.

My wife's, there is one card that has "dispute" in remarks but closed and paid in full, no miss payments or lates etc. We sent a letter in asking them to remove the "dispute" remark since we are saying there is no error on the report, everythign is correct.

Anyway, we'll take care of that now so when we app in 2016 this issue does not rear its head. I pan to order a free credit report in oct (my once a year), thenagain in jan and march or so to verify my credit report and my wife's is "perfect" (i.e. no disputes noted).

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.