Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispute resolution killed our mortgage app

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dispute resolution killed our mortgage app

Moving along the mortgage process and I've been making calls to get all disputes removed.

Made it to Equifax and the removal of disputes took us from a 660 to a 608 (this was the middle score) - by the way Dorothy at Equifax is still fantastic at getting disputes removed

Guess we are renting for a little longer....

On to get TU and EX cleaned up so they have time to heal

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Re: Dispute resolution killed our mortgage app

Samething happened to me with my EX report, but a couple weeks later it shot up nearly 40 points.

But it prevented me from doing a conventional loan with my middle score at a 662. Had to go FHA.

Message 2 of 5
tammyjk
Regular Contributor

I removed comments and the same happened to me...scores rebounded quickly.  Hang in there!

Message 3 of 5
Ron6262
Regular Contributor

Same here, disputes knocked my scores for a loop, TU- 675 to 621.  EQ-  652 to 627.   TU 639- 620.    Unreal, and the disputes were just little things, I disputed a late payment from 2006 on a closed acct, and I disputed a medical collection that ended up removed after the Dr. office sent the paperwork that it was paid.  I am now in a 620 to 639 program and losing half a point on rate!!

Message 4 of 5
drkaje
Senior Contributor

As I understand things; Disputes cause some things to not be factored in our scores.

It seems most lenders want an accurate score and no dispute comments. It's one of those odd things I'd never considered before reading a lot here. There were mistakes but I really did get caught up in the "Dispute anything that offends you!" craze about 4 years ago, LOL! Thankfully, it only took a few calls to fix.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.