Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputed Collection

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disputed Collection

I am in the process of trying to get an FHA mortgage. Before I had even thought of trying that route I had disputed items in my credit report because they were not sending to the right address and did not even have any of the correct information on file nor could they find my file when I got in touch with them. One of the items was taken off of my credit report but two still remain. With the fha loan I am being told to undispute the collection items. Is this smart? Will I now be required to pay them? They are supposed to be falling off my credit within a year will this now open them back up? Please let me know as soon as possible.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
ebf156
Valued Member

Re: Disputed Collection

i can tell you i am working with a broker and i had a lot of accounts showing that status from me rebuilding i was told it would take weeks if not months to remove i called all 3 bureaus last week on a tuesday all of them were removed in a day.my point is even on old accounts that were unpaid due to fall off next year nothing has happened i just told them i am going for a mortgage and i needed them removed. mybe i was lucky but nothing has happened

Message 2 of 3
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Disputed Collection

unless old with no balance.... the comments have to be removed.

Retired Lender
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.