cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputed account after appproved

tag
shev73

Disputed account after appproved

Hello everyone.. I have a question in reguards to disputed accounts and FHA loans.  Long story short, my loan officer advised me to work with a local credit repair agency to remove a very old item that was reporting incorrect.  The item was removed and I thought I was good to go. 

Now I am 25 days from closing only to find out that the credit repair agency took it upon themselves to dispute a judgment that is 2 years old and paid.  So just when It thought I was all set, I now have a disputed account with all three credit agencies. 

Does anyone know if when they perform the final soft pull if disputed accounts are looked for?  My loan officer just keeps telling me that we will have to wait and see but that is not an acceptable answer.  I mean its not like I can go elsewhere at this time with disputes showing in my reports.... Any advise?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
natesezgoblue
Valued Member

Re: Disputed account after appproved

is there any way to see if you can get the bureas to remove the dispute?  Write a letter and send it fedex.  ive seen a thread on here saying that they've been able to remove them.

Message 2 of 6
natesezgoblue
Valued Member

also-is the item paid?  looking at an old article it seems they're only critical of the accounts that are still open or that have a balance.

Message 3 of 6
shev73

Yes, the item was paid in full in March.  I have also read that you can try to get them to remove the dispute but sometimes they will create a new dispute to do so.   With closing fast approaching, I don't think I have enough time to start another dispute to remove the disputer that was started.

Message 4 of 6
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

If you have your clear to close and the credit report they used did not show the comments, then I wouldn't be worried.

Message 5 of 6
shev09

Well it went thru underwirtting and we cleared the condtions.  I am being told that it will need to go back to the underwritter in the next couple of weeks for final approval.  The credit file they have is from 7/29 and it does not show the disputes as they were started sometime between 8/12 and 8/19.   I was also told that before the final approal is granted that they will soft pull our report.  Its just really frustrating being this close and having things "pop" up that are not in your control.  

Thanks in advance for the comments provided here.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.