cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputed account...does this make sense?

tag
teton
Regular Contributor

Disputed account...does this make sense?

After reading here how having a disputed account on your CRs could cause problems with mortgage approval, I decided to start working on having a dispute removed. I sent information to all three CRs asking that they remove the dispute. Both TU and EQ have responded by saying 'the disputed account is not currently reporting on your credit file'. What do they mean by this? I pulled new reports and the tradeline is still there and says it is disputed by the consumer. The date reported hasn't updated since last June. Is that what they mean? How would I go about getting the dispute removed?

This was a collection on a utility that my ex should've paid since he was the one still living at the house, but apparently they haven't been able to collect from him. Any guesses on how much this might be pulling down my score? Should I just try a PFD?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Disputed account...does this make sense?

The dispute itself, as in the challenge to the account, may not be on there - it may have been resolved. If you want the disputed ACCOUNT gone, that's a different process. Go to the Rebuilding your Credit Forum and you can learn all about it.
Message 2 of 4
teton
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the feedback. Why does the tradeline say the account is disputed by the consumer?
Message 3 of 4
tray
Valued Contributor

Hi, I would continue to call daily to the reporting agencies to have it removed.  I was in the same situation recently, I disputed an account last month with EX, and after the dispute was finalized and I recieved the letter in the mail of the dispute results, I went on line and checked my ex cr as I have a monitoring services and I was pissed as it still had on my cr dispute by consumer well the next day I called EX and it must have been my lucky day I spoke with the agency the person I hate to say seemed pretty nice and i told him  I wanted the statement removed and after a few hours I recieved an email alert check my report and it was gone.  Continue to try daily it all depends on who you speak with don't give up.  Good Luck

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.