Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputes and false Fico scores for loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disputes and false Fico scores for loan

Trying to get middle score up to 620 its 599. EXperian) for a preapproval. We just started disputing four recently paid collections ( our lender asked us to pay them , we settled for less) in hopes they will get ignored and deleted within 30 days. Also disputing some 60 day lates from 5 years ago.If my scores go up falsely while in dispute, will I have any chance of having them be 620 even when I tell the CRA to stop disputing so the lender can see my real scores? I’m hoping by April to have a real 620. We had found a new construction we put a contract on in Jan but had to terminate it because our first broker mislead us. So we are in preapproval all over again with lender referred by our realtor. Hoping to get our scores up ASAP so we can buy this lot! So I figured let’s dispute and see what gets deleted and hopefully our scores will still be a 620 even when we tell the CRA to cease. Hope this makes sense .
6 REPLIES 6
IQn2D
New Contributor

Re: Disputes and false Fico scores for loan

Did the builder of the new construction you were interested in have a preferred lender? Normally, you will get more incentive when you go this route. I noticed that you said the realtor told you about a lender. Does your builder have a listing agent? Again, you will get a better deal. Why are you trying to buy the lot up front. I taught you would be doing a Pre-sale.  I was in a similar sitution like you when I started my build. My middle score was 610 but I was still able to get a pre-qualification letter. This gave me more than enough time to correct my credit report and pay accounts down. While I'm doing the worl the house is being built. When I apply for my loan my middle score was 670. So it would have been better in my opinion, if you would have got pre- qualified. Sign the contract, then work on fixing your credit. It's a risk that you take however it falls on you to get the work done. Basically, you don't want to lose your deposit. Then again you may get a pre-qualified with the disputes on your credit report. The LO most likely would have told you want you needed to do to pull your score up. 

Starting Score: EQ612, TU644, EX622 4-22-17
Current Score: EQ720, TU728, EX705 02-18-18
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was required to put Ernest deposit of ten percent which was 34,000 and would lose it if I couldn’t get financing. Builder is Pulte.Too much risk. The lot was part of the price so not sure what you meant by presale. So now I’m trying to get preapproval again with a different lender and it’s so hard to wait but I cannot risk 35,000. Our scores need more time to rise.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Forgot to add yes Pulte does have mortgage options but if I don’t have right score or DTI too high I doubt they could help. Plus I’ve heard horror stories where Builder preapproved but then you can’t pass final UW approval then you lose your huge deposit in my case 34k
Message 4 of 7
IQn2D
New Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:
Forgot to add yes Pulte does have mortgage options but if I don’t have right score or DTI too high I doubt they could help. Plus I’ve heard horror stories where Builder preapproved but then you can’t pass final UW approval then you lose your huge deposit in my case 34k

Sorry, if I confused you when I said Pre-Sale. A new home that is being offered for sale before construction is called a Pre-Sale. When you said buy the lot, I taught it was just the lot.  What horror stories have you heard? Lenders and builders work hand in hand.  Who do you think funds these constructions. That just part of the real estate business. No matter how you look at it. You are going to need to get a loan from someone. What make a preferred lender different than another lender? Answer is you will get more incentive. (Paid closing cost up to a specific amount, fence, fridge etc.) 

I don't mean to be intrusive about your finance. However you was about to put $34,000 down. Yet, you say you have a high DTI. ??  

Maybe post your information. The link below shows the format. Someone will tell you why you will not qualify and what to do too get qualified.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Mortgage-Loans/Do-I-qualify-for-a-mortgage-Info-that-is-needed/td-p/381846

Pultec sells houses in the state that I live. My friend actually brought a home from them. I asked him did he used there lending service.

Starting Score: EQ612, TU644, EX622 4-22-17
Current Score: EQ720, TU728, EX705 02-18-18
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

True to above post that Pulte mortgage would offer incentives but I’ve heard horrible stories about Pulte dropping the ball: that is they messed up the whole deal due to incompetence and hence buyer lost Ernest $. Ernest money is only refundable within 30 days. Way too risky and not worth any incentives. So I’m using a lender that is very thorough and patient and not just eager to give a preapproval which can be meaningless I’ve learned from the first broker we used. Oh and no more brokers too many seem clueless about basic credit issues! That’s another thread....
Message 6 of 7
JVille
Valued Contributor

I just closed on a new construction home with Pulte and used Pulte Mtg. I also read the nightmare stories and would not risk buying thru Pulte if I was a Marginal buyer with any question of getting approval. You absolutely will forfeit your $34,000 if anything goes wrong.
Having been a Lender for 30 yrs I knew the drill and was willing to use Pulte Mtg only because I absolutely knew we qualified and had a back up plan should something go wrong. I found Pulte Mtg no more incompetent than other Large Lender using a Lending Center model.

Good luck dealing with those folks, I would never have done Pulte, except I wanted to live in that community and it’s Pulte or nothing Smiley Sad
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.