cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputes listed on CR affects Mortgage approval?

tag
getting2work
Contributor

Disputes listed on CR affects Mortgage approval?

Did I read this correctly in another post? Can someone who is an expert please clarify this? My husband and I have been disputing things on our credit reports, many of which were errors. Much has been deleted because of this process, but some have not and how show comments "account information disputed by consumer" Does this harm the chances of getting approved for mortgage? If so what can I do about it? Are the CRA's requireed to remove that verbage if I ask or is it stuck there?
Working on buying our first home!
10/15/2012 TU 680 EX 658 EQ 684
06/26/2009 TU 644 EX 601(fako) EQ 614
06/06/2009 TU 612 EX 526 (fako) EQ 614
05/01/2009 TU 594 EX ???? EQ 563
01/01/2009 TU 527 EX 453 (fako) EQ 477
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Disputes listed on CR affects Mortgage approval?

Most lenders are doing this because too many people were balnketing their credit reports with disputes to try to get legitimate stuff removed.  So, they are trying to "force" some honesty back into the credit files.  By making all disputes be resolved it makes people (and the credit repair companies) re-think doing that when the accounts are accurate.  BY any common sense, it does make sense that a lender would want any informationt aht is disputed on your credit report to be resolved before going through with a loan.  Even more so since this information si almost always NEGATIVE info so they want to see that final status.  It jsut sucks becuase people and LO's are not yet used to it and are finding out at the last minute that it is an issue. 
Message 5 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
musikklvr
Frequent Contributor

Yes it was true in my case. My lender would not approve me with those disputes on my credit report. It took me 2 months to get it taken off. The final one just came off over the weekend and now I'm pre-approved. Call all 3 credit bureaus and tell them that you are no longer disputing anything on your credit report. Some, creditors will have to contact the credit bureaus to have it taken off.

I had one creditor that I had to call to give authorization for Transunion to call them so they can tell TU it's not being disputed.

Starting Score: 668
Current Score: 712
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 7
getting2work
Contributor

Do you know if this is pretty much true across the board for most lenders? We are trying to rebuild our credit score in order to buy our first home. (VA loan) Also, what if you really are still diputing that? They would still require you to have it removed even if it is really an error? OMG what a nightmare. I am glad to find out about this now and not when it is too late though.
Message 3 of 7
musikklvr
Frequent Contributor

I'm going for a VA loan, too. Every place I have called has said they wanted all disputes to be resolved. So, if you are still disputing, you will need it to be resolved before they approve you. I know how frustrating this is. I believe this is something they just starting doing a couple of months ago. I don't think it mattered last year. Something else just to make it harder to get a loan now.

Starting Score: 668
Current Score: 712
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Most lenders are doing this because too many people were balnketing their credit reports with disputes to try to get legitimate stuff removed.  So, they are trying to "force" some honesty back into the credit files.  By making all disputes be resolved it makes people (and the credit repair companies) re-think doing that when the accounts are accurate.  BY any common sense, it does make sense that a lender would want any informationt aht is disputed on your credit report to be resolved before going through with a loan.  Even more so since this information si almost always NEGATIVE info so they want to see that final status.  It jsut sucks becuase people and LO's are not yet used to it and are finding out at the last minute that it is an issue. 
Message 5 of 7
getting2work
Contributor

Thanks so much both of you for clearing this up! I am glad to find out now  when we still have six months or so before we actually are ready to apply.
Message 6 of 7
tray
Valued Contributor

Hi everyone, one question if anyone can answer if all else fails to remove the dispute off a cr, can just paying off the account will the dispute then be removed.  Thanks for any information.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.