Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputes

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disputes

Is there any way to get an FHA mortgage with disputes on your credit? My lender is telling me "yes, with a manual underwrite" but another lender is saying "no, let's remove the disputes." I'm afraid our scores will go down if we remove the disputes but I'm afraid to get to the end with my current lender and then have her say "sorry, can't do it." Advice?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
thankfulheart
Established Contributor

Re: Disputes

I went FHA and was told NO disputes. Yes, they would put me in manual UW and, yes, I'd be turned away.  I wouldn't want to go in with artificially inflated scores anyway as they do pull credit multiple times in the process (mine will be 3, including right before close).

Starting Score: 10/1/2011 EQ 568 TU 593
Current Score: EQ 664 TU 700 EX 701 (FAKO)

Message 2 of 5
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

I had to have the disputes removed off my reports before approval. 

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 5
KatieKatie
Regular Contributor

I was told by my mortgage broker that I cleared automated and received an approval through DU however I have a current dispute with Experian which is my low score.  I also have dispute comments on Equifax and TU.  He wasn't concerned at all about the dispute or comments but I guess it's possible this could be an issue when my file is reviewed in underwriting. 

Message 4 of 5
ElDiablo
Valued Member

We can all tell you that the process is one way, but who really knows? I had one item in dispute when I closed in Sept.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.