Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputing Old Mortgage Late Pays

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disputing Old Mortgage Late Pays

Hey guys,

This is my first time posting here and Ive been working on building my credit back up for a year and a half now.  Started in the 570's when I experienced a lay off and had my car engine go bad on me.  I have worked my way back to all scores averaging around 640-650.  2009 I'm hitting at least one 700 one way or another. 

Question:  My mortgage was with Washington Mutual previously but was sold to Wells fargo about a year ago.  I had some late pays under Washington Mutual when I was unemployed.  How realistic do you think it is for me to dispute those late pays with the mergers going on and being that the mortgage was sold and they not take the time to respond thus allowing for the lates to drop off?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Disputing Old Mortgage Late Pays

First..

You can not disuss siputing correct information as that is fraudulent and against the board rules. 

That said, try GW letters to the old mortgage compnay (WAMU).  Only they can remove them I believe.  It is not guarnateed, but with a solid explanation and well written letter you stand a decent chance for them to remove them as long as paymnet history after the lates was solid.

Also, disputing info rarely will get anything removed unless it is inaccurate.  alot of collection companies and such may not be likely to repsond quick enough, but the large banks/etc are likely to respond and verify right away.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.