Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I Qualify for a mortgage? Info included

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do I Qualify for a mortgage? Info included

Ask friends or family who have recently purchased if they can recommend a mortgage lender (best to go with a direct mortgage lender and stay away from online or big box banks). If you know any realtors, they should know great lenders as well. Also, you can read lender reviews on sites like Yelp or Zillow.

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

You don't mention what part of Tn.  I am also in TN and we went through Mortgage Investors Group.  They are the top lender and #1 government lender in the state.  They were great to work with.  My husband had a foreclosure and some credit issues in 2010 due to an ugly divorce.  It didn't seem to affect our process.  We started the process in Knoxville and bought in the Nashville area.  Because they have offices throughout the state, they easily accommodated our situation.

Good luck!

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

They just happen to be in my zip code... much appriciation...
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was approved for the max amount set for my county by FHA. I cannot get a conventional mortgage for about 2 more years. All in all pretty happy. The max is set at $271K, I received that at 3.25%. It's a little shy of what I need, but I have a 90 day approval to shop with. 

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Find a good realtor. Maybe you can put in an offer and still get the place you wanted.
Good luck!
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.