Do I have a chance?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do I have a chance?

Credit = Tran 750, EQ690 not sure about exp

Income = around 4k gross monthly

Source of Income= at current job for 5 years

Monthly debt payments = credit line 215 (owe 2800 on it)

Location = Eastlake, OH

Property= Single home

Price = 114k

Type = FHA? I think

I found a beutiful 3 bdrm, 2.5 bathroom dream house that is for sale by owner. I have 6k saved up, with another 8k to have within a month ( bonuses, tax return). I dont have any collections, late payment from May 2011. Do I have a chance of getting a loan? Am I better of going with a broker instead of dealing with a bank? If so does anybody know any good brokers in Cleveland, OH area?

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do I have a chance?

anybody?

Message 2 of 16
Billybob_TX
Frequent Contributor

Looks great to me, but I'm no pro. Check with a local CU if you use one, or whoever you bank with if they are local banks, avoid large banks. Good luck!

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1 to whipster's remarks.

Your numbers look fine for the amount of house you are looking for.  $2800 on your CC shouldn't be too bad although paying that down would result in less utilization which only makes you look better.  The amount of funds you have available for downpayment and/or closing are more than enough for an FHA loan.  You might even consider conventional or other regional programs, as FHA doesn't tend to offer the best rates.  Definitely speak with an originator or a broker.  Having a realtor that comes recommended from someone else can go a long way too, as they will be able to put you in touch with all the right people.

Message 4 of 16
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Easy loan approval. You should have no issues according to what you stated.
Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all the replies. I went in and talked to broker on Wednesday and got pre-approved for 190K Smiley LOL. I am so happy right now. Just a year ago my credit scores were around 550. I talked to the seller and we signed a purchasing contract thursday. I handed everything to the broker on friday night and he is going to start the process on Monday. He told me I will have keys to my new house in less than 40 days, which cant come fast enough.

Message 6 of 16
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

I think you need to find a house first? lol

Good Luck and congrats!

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 7 of 16
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Congrats on getting preapproved and signing a contract on your new home! Please keep us updated!
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the home inspection done  yesterday and there were no issues at all. Appraisal is on Monday and this is putting me under a lot of stress. You never know what the house is going to appraised at. I signed a contract for 123500 and honestly house should cost way more. I also got a 40 by 42 vacant lot included. House has been remodeled in 2010. Brand new kitchen, finished basement brand new furnace. Roof is 3 weeks old. I'm hoping everything goes thru since seller wont come down with the price.

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

• Single Family Residential
  • 3 Bedrooms
  • 2 Bathrooms
  • 1 Partial Bathroom
  • 2,099 sqft
  • Lot Size: 6,098 sqft
  • Built In 1951
  • Stories: 2 story with basement
  • A/C
  • Heating: Gas
  • Exterior Walls: Siding (Alum/Vinyl)
  • 7 Rooms
  • 1 Unit
  • Basement: Improved Basement (Finished)
  • Style: Colonial
  • County: Lake
  • Tax Rate Code Area: 34

Year Value Land   Improvements   Total Tax

2009Market$24,720+$93,820=$118,540 
2011Assessed$8,650+$32,840=$41,490$1,898  (2010)

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.