cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I have a chance?

tag
sherizel73

Do I have a chance?

I'm looking to get a FHA loan.  My credit scores are 644, 669, 675.  Front end is 20%. Back end is 46%.  Darn student loans!!  

Do you think I have a chance at getting approved for a loan?  If so, where do I start, what lender?  

Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Do I have a chance?

Does the 20% front end ratio include principal, interest, insurance, proeprty taxes, HOA fees (if applicable) and PMI for the new purchase?

Does the 46% back end ratio include the above plus your installent loans, cc monthly min payments and student loans?

Message 2 of 6
sherizel73

Yes and yes.

Message 3 of 6
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Looks like you are in good shape to make application. I am assuming your income is W2 and you don't have ramdom wright off's on your tax return, right?

Message 4 of 6
sherizel73

Yes, my income is W2 very straight forward.  I'm looking at a new construction townhome so I'm not sure if I should apply for a loan before I go to the builder or just apply for financing right away through the builder.  I also need to determine since it's new construction if I need a realtor and a lawyer.  I keep learning so much from reading posts, I'm loving this board! 

Message 5 of 6
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

@sherizel73 wrote:

Yes, my income is W2 very straight forward.  I'm looking at a new construction townhome so I'm not sure if I should apply for a loan before I go to the builder or just apply for financing right away through the builder.  I also need to determine since it's new construction if I need a realtor and a lawyer.  I keep learning so much from reading posts, I'm loving this board! 

1. apply before you go... pre-approval in hand.

2. get a realtor.... do NOT visit builder without a buyer's rep

3. bring all questions/concerns back here for review

Retired Lender
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.